• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle aircraft orders with NW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In recurrent last year I walked up to the annex building and saw Trenary through the window in his office. He was facing a blank wall just sitting in his chair. I decided to wait and see how long he did this for. Turns out it was longer than my break was. This pretty much sums up the management knowledge at Pinnacle and the confidence anyone that works here has for any of them or anything that comes out of their mouths.

NOt defending Trenary here, but for all you know, he could have been on a conference call or something!

I have walked the "C" in DTW and seen PCL pilots staring blankly out the cockpits of the CRJ for extended periods of time too - but they could have just been waiting for someone to push them back!

As Buck said...NWA won't make a decision until they figure out what kind of scope clause they will get out of the mainliners. I am SURE they want 70 seaters.....ordering more 44 seaters doesn't make sense.

Ohh... you mean the longing stare. Didn't you know we just installed HUD on all our CRJ? If you caught us staring into the windshield, we are just watching DVD!

Wanderer said:
I have walked the "C" in DTW and seen PCL pilots staring blankly out the cockpits of the CRJ for extended periods of time too - but they could have just been waiting for someone to push them back!
/B]

There is one huge difference with that statement when comparing Trenary to Pilots. If we are staring out the window not doing anything, it is probably because someone else isn't doing their job. And we don't get paid when the door is open. The second one being the biggest difference between the two.

Mel Sharples said:
All I'm saying is that Trenary emphasized that it is highly unlikely for PCL to get many more jets after 129 without some going elsewhere first. Not can't or won't, but probably not. I think everyone would pretty much agree with that statement anyway.

Highly interesting... 3 - 4 months ago (before early negotiations were discussed) Trenary was riding along on some jumpseats and having discussions with the crews. Kept making statements about our "159 aircraft"; when questioned about 129 versus 159, he backpedalled some, then simply said "Well, there are 30 that we're not allowed to publicly comment on quite yet".

Now that we're in early negotiations, he's saying that it is "highly unlikely for PCL to get many more jets after 129...", all the while knowing full well that Mesaba can't get geared up in time to take them without a delay, nor can they go elsewhere unless Northwest pilots give up some scope concessions "All jet aircraft may only be operated by Northwest, or Northwest Airlink. All jet aircraft operated as Northwest Airlink may ONLY be operated by Mesaba or Pinnacle." (paraphrased for space). In other words, they CAN'T go shopping for another codeshare operator for the jets until Northwest mainline ALPA allows scope to change.

In addition, because of statements made on the IPO, Northwest can't reduce our aircraft operations (the number of aircraft we operate) to less than 79, or they face a whole slew of Federal Indictments from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) - statements on the IPO made for the purposes of making money off forward-looking projections must be adhered to... read the IPO, it's interesting stuff.

I'm no defender of airline management. They would lie to their own mothers to get ahead. But in this case I think he makes a valid point. That's all.

Let the carrot dangling begin, just remember to ask your union reps before you believe ANY management statements... they're MUCH more severely limited than they want us to believe.

I'm not quite sure the thing about airline
management was said quite right...
was that "lie to" or "Lie(er, lay?) with" their
mothers to get ahead???

hahaha!!!

As for the FTC, they one time refused to
allow nwa to buy continental because of
giving nwa an unfair advantage. Then
they allow the biggest airline in the world
to buy TWA after they promised to protect
the TW jobs and STL hub...we know how
well that worked out for the TWA
employees..."Two great airlines, one great
future"(honest, AMR had banners that said
that posted in STL). Noone has been
held accountable for those crimes.

Any questions, refer to question in my
first paragraph!

Last edited:
Wanderer said:

As Buck said...NWA won't make a decision until they figure out what kind of scope clause they will get out of the mainliners. I am SURE they want 70 seaters.....ordering more 44 seaters doesn't make sense.

44 seaters are money losers. Latest we're hearing is we're discussing with company on converting some future orders to 70 & 90 seat CRJ's flown by mainline pilots, at industry rates, but the time these guys are on this equipment won't count towards retirement. But they will get greater 401K contributions. Also, will allow more 50 seaters for Airlinks, but first flown by furloughed mainline pilots. After all furloughed pilots returned, future seats filled by Airlink pilots.

Of course , this hinges on us taking 20%-25% pay reductions with work rule changes.

DTWFO said:
If we are staring out the window not doing anything, it is probably because someone else isn't doing their job.

Did you read my original statement you quoted?:confused:

I said "probably waiting for a pushback......."

So, DTWFO, when do you get upgraded to captain obvious? ;)

Hey Beerme,
Basically you are spreading total speculation and hearsee. No negiotations have taken place with nwa, none. period. So there is nothing to report.

Latest resources

Back