Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PILOT

Question:

I know that Pinnacle has a certain amount of RJ's that are going to fly for NW. 129 I believe. Does anyone know if/when NW is going to decide(specific date) if they want more RJ's and who is going to get them. Thanks

I believe that it will be announced or threatened (however you look at it) when 9E starts into negotiations hot and heavy.

NWA has been pretty consistent on announcing new allocations with a minimum lead time of around 9-10 months. At the current delivery schedule the 129 orders will be delivered by June-July 2005. If they choose to convert the options they have financing for (70 CRJs) and have them delivered on a seamless timeline with the current order I expect to see an announcement on the allocation of at least part of the order by October.

I'm sure NWA will be eager to fill up the expanded B/C concourses when the construction is complete so I would bet they don't take a break from the current delivery schedule.

Many of our guys have been going to Montreal to pick up the new airplanes and have talked with the bombardier people. Bombardier has been telling our guys that more jets will come to Pinnacle between 2005 and 2006 after the 129 are delivered. Mesaba will probably get something good out of the deal, it only makes sense since we are next for tough negotiations.

SRMairlines said:
Bombardier has been telling our guys that more jets will come to Pinnacle between 2005 and 2006 after the 129 are delivered.

I'm not sure what the guys at Bombardier know (probably not much more than you or I) but Trenary himself said it would be foolish to think NWA won't award the next round of CRJ's to someone else. In fact, he said a while back he expects Pinnacle to stay at 129 jets for some time.

His words, not mine. Doesn't make it true but I think NWA will divide up the eggs a little more before sticking them all in the Pinnacle basket.

Yes. Don't believe anyone but the CEO of your company :) The folks at Bombardier don't know anything.

What's with all the rumors about NWA looking for a new codeshare?? I would of thought Mesaba a lock for some jets.

I'm sure Mesaba will get a good share out of the deal, but it still doesn't justify for the need to find another codeshare, especially when Mesaba doesn't run any CRJ right now, and us PCL are gonna have contract negotiation not far from now.

As seen during Mesaba's negotiations, with NWA's threat to pull the ARJ's away, no mater how the pilot negotiations go for PCL, NWA will threaten everything under the moon. PCL should hold out for the moon. Caving in on negotiations will acheive nothing. The only thing it will change is the amount of pay PCL pilots receive. The future of ac orders are set in stone and the only thing that will change the NWA plan is its negotiations with its main line pilots. Who will get them does not depend on a couple of dollars an hour for the pilots. How many 44 50 70... are all that is still being discussed by NWA. Their plan is strategic in many ways but it will not sway because of pilot pay. Only main line management knows all the way to the actual anouncment where the ac will be dispersed. Everyone else, including Bombardier, is in the dark.

JJJ said:
Yes. Don't believe anyone but the CEO of your company :) The folks at Bombardier don't know anything.

I'm just saying that aircraft manufacturers probably have as many rumors going as airlines. And no, I don't give a lot of credit to what some aircraft company guy says. He may not even know who the plane goes to until in gets delivered.

All I'm saying is that Trenary emphasized that it is highly unlikely for PCL to get many more jets after 129 without some going elsewhere first. Not can't or won't, but probably not. I think everyone would pretty much agree with that statement anyway.

I'm no defender of airline management. They would lie to their own mothers to get ahead. But in this case I think he makes a valid point. That's all.

Latest resources

Back