• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The money backers of Pinncale are JB Hunt and some of the original Walmart Execs.
It looks like its just a place to spend some of their millions and a tax write off, and they get to use a Lear every so often.
I beleive they are a vender for Flex, one of the Lears is painted the same colors.
People in Northwest Arkansas do things differently, I had a corporate job their a long time ago.
Quite a few rich folks around throwing a few pennies to the poor.

hawkerjet said:
what is it with ex cop pilots? there are several operators like that in Socal fitting the same description. you would think after risking your life for years and living and then collecting a pension, you would be pretty laid back.

Unfortunately, a great many police officers act as if , if you ain't a police officer then you are a criminal. An US verias Them mentality.

hawkerjet said:
what is it with ex cop pilots? there are several operators like that in Socal fitting the same description. you would think after risking your life for years and living and then collecting a pension, you would be pretty laid back.
I used to work for one of those SoCal cops. I've wondered the same thing myself.

650 driver said:
The money backers of Pinncale are JB Hunt and some of the original Walmart Execs.
It looks like its just a place to spend some of their millions and a tax write off, and they get to use a Lear every so often.
I beleive they are a vender for Flex, one of the Lears is painted the same colors.
People in Northwest Arkansas do things differently, I had a corporate job their a long time ago.
Quite a few rich folks around throwing a few pennies to the poor.

the a/c just used to be old flexjet aircraft... they just didn't repaint them. wal-mart has 2 lear 45's that still hav the flexjet colors...

I used to be in law enforcement for a short while, and I can tell you that many (not all) cops have a chip on their shoulder. My airline has a few ex cop pilots, who are all very pleasant, but some of the management one's your talking about are the same one's who seem to have control issues.

hawkerjet said:

Thanks there Midnight Flyer.

Not all us Ex-Cops that fly for a living now are that way. Its like anything else, it only takes a few to make the rest of us look bad. Hope everyone remembers that.

Later,

Glenn

The suicide rate for cops is pretty high compared to other professions (based on statistics that I've read), then we become pilots where alcoholism and divorce rate is very high. You think we'd just get a "regular" job!!

airmedplt said:
Thanks there Midnight Flyer.

Not all us Ex-Cops that fly for a living now are that way. Its like anything else, it only takes a few to make the rest of us look bad. Hope everyone remembers that.

Later,

Glenn

Pinnacle Air is looking for pilots due to our growth. We have just added a Lr-31, CE-650 to our fleet and an 800XP is on the way. This is the reason that we have been advertising. We are also looking for some quality individuals to work here and unfortunately I have not found the type of pilots that I am looking for and this is the reason why we continue to advertise. The pay is good for the area, 35-37K for of FOs and 60-66K for our Cpts. The schedule on the Lr-60s is decent with 1/2 the month on the road and 1/2 off. The Lr-31 crews have been working a little harder due to the new plane but by the end of May we will have 2 Cps and 1 FO for each plane and they will be able to work out their own schedule amongst the three. Some of the postings say something about an asst. chief pilot that we don't have. I am the Chief Pilot and I have never offered to send paperwork to anywone that I did not hire. Our aircraft and the maintenance on our planes are impeccable. We do everything with regards to safety first and there has never been a time since I have been in my position that I have told a pilot to do something that they did not want to do or ask them to fly an aircraft with a squawk that could not be deferred. Yes we have been going through some growing pains but our aircraft, facilities, and people that we have now our second-to-none.

Latest resources

Back