• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Charter - ASG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New program effective Nov.1/04. LR60 pilots on 15, Off 15. Live where you want and commute. People seem to be great, even Nelson. Can't tell you about the 31's or 35. Pay is good. Expenses are paid in advance. Uniform contract required for 1st year($500.00 payroll deducted over 12 months). 1 year training contract required if you don't have a current 8410. That's all I know for now.

?

do a search cuz they are terrible place to go. only people i know that have worked there have left as quickly as possible or been fired. they have had unbelievable turnover(lot of qualified folks been fired and others left). the operation is a joke. run like the wind.

Pinnacle Air is looking for pilots due to our growth. We have just added a Lr-31, CE-650 to our fleet and an 800XP is on the way. This is the reason that we have been advertising. We are also looking for some quality individuals to work here and unfortunately I have not found the type of pilots that I am looking for and this is the reason why we continue to advertise. The pay is good for the area, 35-37K for of FOs and 60-66K for our Cpts. The schedule on the Lr-60s is decent with 1/2 the month on the road and 1/2 off. The Lr-31 crews have been working a little harder due to the new plane but by the end of May we will have 2 Cps and 1 FO for each plane and they will be able to work out their own schedule amongst the three. Some of the postings say something about an asst. chief pilot that we don't have. I am the Chief Pilot and I have never offered to send paperwork to anywone that I did not hire. Our aircraft and the maintenance on our planes are impeccable. We do everything with regards to safety first and there has never been a time since I have been in my position that I have told a pilot to do something that they did not want to do or ask them to fly an aircraft with a squawk that could not be deferred. Yes we have been going through some growing pains but our aircraft, facilities, and people that we have now our second-to-none.

Here's the scoop on Pinnacle Air Services in Springdale, AR as I've heard it from a former employee:

First of all, the "chief pilot" (futr797cpt) is correct, maintenance is pretty good, and the aircraft themselves (though high time-ish) are in nice shape. The glaring problem with this company does not stem from the pilot group however, it is undeniably with the management (or lack thereof) that ruins this gig.

The company makes huge promises (i.e. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off...upgrade within a year...scratch our back, we'll scratch yours...be a team player, etc.) but the hard and fast rule at Pinnacle is: if it doesn't suit the director of operation's ever-changing whim's OR if he just gets up on the wrong side of the bed one day, OR if he thinks that you're "out to get the company" (former law-enforcement mentality, so he's suspicious of everyone and everything) then you're just out of luck.

With regard to the 60 guys...ha ha...what a joke...2 on, 2 off has just never happened, and most likely never will. The company official says: "...unfortunately I have not found the type of pilots that I am looking for and this is the reason why we continue to advertise..." - WELL WHAT TYPE OF PILOTS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?!? It can not be the quality of guys there, because I knew three of them that left, and all three were top-notch: all three are now flying at much better companies and flying better equipment.

As my buddy said, they just want someone who will devote 110% of his life to going non-stop for them, work like a dog for pretty miserable wages (do the wage study there chief pilot), never complain or suggest changes or ask to upgrade or suggest some better way of doing things, and always be willing to take it in the poop-shoot whenever it makes the management there feel better.

Well, face it, today's market doesn't require pilots to stay in dead-end jobs working for (to quote two of the former guys) "hard-headed, arrogant, self-centered, micro-managers" of a director of operations, and what's most sad is that this "chief pilot" is apparently just some sock puppet for the d.o. - won't stand up for his pilots or what he knows is right at all.

The final detail worth mentioning is this: the d.o. (known lovingly around there I hear as "master") threatens people's jobs all the time and sincere everyone's under endentured-servitude (contract) they are all scared to death of losing their job or even making a simple mistake. Harsh working environment with a lot of yelling and cursing, unprofessional people, inept management and a gutless chief pilot from what I hear.

Wanted to check it out as a captain, but the best advice that I got from all three of the guys that took off from pinnacle is: RUN, RUN, RUN far, far away!

Didn't make the cut, did you?

The 15on/15off is alive and well.

One was fired, one was about to be fired, and one got a 91 gig in his hometown.

It's a very simple process. Follow company policies and proceedures and you will be fine. I think the Majors also have this requirement.

I acutally PM'ed the 'chief pilot' guy looking for info, and the guy never even responded to me. Not even a simple thanks but no thanks. That tells me all I need to know.

slickmagneto said:
Didn't make the cut, did you?

The 15on/15off is alive and well.

This schedule never existed - in theory only, but not in reality...save for one lucky soul...who then quit.

One was fired, one was about to be fired, and one got a 91 gig in his hometown.

One left for a better 135 job, 2 left just before him for 91 jobs and yes, the other did leave to go back to his hometown - and good for him valuing something other than work.

It's a very simple process. Follow company policies and proceedures and you will be fine. I think the Majors also have this requirement.

As someone who worked there, followed them and recently left - rest assured my friend, that is not enough. If you stay there long enough, your time will come...it's always just a matter of time. BUT, best wishes none-the-less...everybody has to find their own niche.

Well, face it, today's market doesn't require pilots to stay in dead-end jobs working for (to quote two of the former guys) "hard-headed, arrogant, self-centered, micro-managers" of a director of operations, and what's most sad is that this "chief pilot" is apparently just some sock puppet for the d.o. - won't stand up for his pilots or what he knows is right at all.

The final detail worth mentioning is this: the d.o. (known lovingly around there I hear as "master") threatens people's jobs all the time and sincere everyone's under endentured-servitude (contract) they are all scared to death of losing their job or even making a simple mistake. Harsh working environment with a lot of yelling and cursing, unprofessional people, inept management and a gutless chief pilot from what I hear.

Wanted to check it out as a captain, but the best advice that I got from all three of the guys that took off from pinnacle is: RUN, RUN, RUN far, far away![/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more!!! the DO is a complete C***SUCKER!! how do I know this! b/c the first thing he said to me wasnt "nice to meet you, our company is great! yada yada" it was "are a cry baby? I'll tell you right now if you do something that I dont like or just dont agree with I'll fire you in a heart beat! I dont care if you just moved with your new born baby from california I am NOT exagerating!!

After pretty much scaring me out of the company for like 20 minutes, then he decided to promise a bunch of BULL! He is about the most arrogant prick I have ever met.

I have a friend that got hired on with them but for family reasons couldnt relocate, the CP told him "ok call me back when things get settled" my friend called back about a month or so later and got the privilage of talking with that fat f**** DO, my friend asked him "well I'm ready to move for ya guys, can I still join you?" the DIK answered "NOT A CHANCE!!! we offered you a job before and since you didnt take it we dont have anything else for YOU!" True story.

The CP is a NUTLESS CP. I have two friend, one is the EX CP for that peace of shiat company who got fired for NO reason!! he got fired b/c he told the DO "Hey let me do my job and you do yours, i have duties as the CP and I dont need you to be taking over for me" 3 days later his office was empty. Another friend got a call and was told "you're fired!" he asked why?? they hung up!
I hope the DO gets what he deserves! and hey CP get some balls and stick up for your pilots!! this jackass DO is typed in all the airplanes and has alot of skeletons in his closet!! the guy cant fly worth of crap, he's just a jackass with a pilots license...and these words came from instructors that have trained the prick. The adding of airplanes has nothing to do with the hiring of pilots, is that they keep loosing pilots! they just had 2 or 3 at bombardier training and now they have about 3 or 4 more going through initial! this is probably the worst 135 crap company ever!!!!

Latest resources

Back