Pinnacle adding a 4th sim.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

Pinnacle says it will be adding a 4th sim in about 8 weeks. They say this will not only help them get caught up, but also to grow if Pinnacle is successful in getting larger RJ's.

My question is, how can a single sim do both. If it helps us get caught up, then it would have to be a 200 sim. If if helps us grow with larger RJ's, then it would be a 700/900 sim.

Am I wrong about this? I did not think there was a 200/700/900 sim.

Pinnacle says it will be adding a 4th sim in about 8 weeks. They say this will not only help them get caught up, but also to grow if Pinnacle is successful in getting larger RJ's.

My question is, how can a single sim do both. If it helps us get caught up, then it would have to be a 200 sim. If if helps us grow with larger RJ's, then it would be a 700/900 sim.

Am I wrong about this? I did not think there was a 200/700/900 sim.

I believe the sim can be programmed as both...when we were using the sim at STL FSI they had to get it certified as a 200 sim because it was a 700/900...my guess is that this is mainly for growth for the 700/900 because just last week I was told that Flight Safety would not add another sim because we have to guarantee that we would use it a certaing percentage of time and I was told that by September we would not need it...obviously they have made some kind of committment...I go back to the schoolhouse on Thursday so I will try and find out more because in reality when we have a normal training cycle we only use 2.5 sims and not even all 3 that we had...should be interesting

They can change them back and forth between CRJ 200, 700, and 900.

Aren't the overhead panels completely different on the 700/900. I know they have very different systems and most have FADEC. How do they address the different switchs and controls of the 2 different set ups. Is it that they can be modified as need changes, but not inbetween lessons. I mean they cannot do a 200 lesson for 4 hours and then imediately to a 900 lesson. Is this correct. I understand that the performance and handling are just software, but there must be quite a bit of hardware to change out. No?

I wonder if this is a brand new sim or someone elses left overs. And if it used, who are we getting it from.

Either way, it sounds like 1 sim could serve both purposes. Good news for us.

Is this new sim to be up and running in 8 weeks? That seems to be a fast set up.

Yes, I believe it is too be operational in 8 weeks. At least that is the way I read it. Someone was down there a week or two ago and said they were prepairing the floor for a new sim. So prep is underway.

Aren't the overhead panels completely different on the 700/900. I know they have very different systems and most have FADEC. How do they address the different switchs and controls of the 2 different set ups. Is it that they can be modified as need changes, but not inbetween lessons. I mean they cannot do a 200 lesson for 4 hours and then imediately to a 900 lesson. Is this correct. I understand that the performance and handling are just software, but there must be quite a bit of hardware to change out. No?

I wonder if this is a brand new sim or someone elses left overs. And if it used, who are we getting it from.

Either way, it sounds like 1 sim could serve both purposes. Good news for us.

There's no way for a quick change. Several of the overhead panels are different, there are switch differences on the pedistal, and the thrust levers are different (the -700's are shorter). Not to mention the circuit breaker panels are completely different. The -700 only has two circuit breaker panels.

A crj sim can be changed back and forth between a 200/700 sim in 4 hours, slc flightsafety does it all the time.

Latest resources

Back