• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle adding a 4th sim.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aren't the overhead panels completely different on the 700/900. I know they have very different systems and most have FADEC. How do they address the different switchs and controls of the 2 different set ups. Is it that they can be modified as need changes, but not inbetween lessons. I mean they cannot do a 200 lesson for 4 hours and then imediately to a 900 lesson. Is this correct. I understand that the performance and handling are just software, but there must be quite a bit of hardware to change out. No?

I wonder if this is a brand new sim or someone elses left overs. And if it used, who are we getting it from.

Either way, it sounds like 1 sim could serve both purposes. Good news for us.
They swich out the overhead panels, thrust levers, re-program it to fly like a -700, etc and it's a 700/900 sim. It only takes a few hours to do.

You are saying the Pinnacle is getting the new 4th sim. It is flight safety, not Pinnacle. A new 4th sim is going to go into the empty slot, that 9E can buy time in, as well ans every other carrier out there...but it is not PINNACLE's sim!

Yes it is technically a Flight Safety sim. But PCL gets first right on ALL the time at the MEM location. And pretty much pre-purchases about 90-95% of the time on those 3 sims. I'd say it's closer to 100% lately. They just recently bought the back-side of the clock too, which they normally only buy up to the 2am slot. I believe each sim has to be down about 1-2 hours per day for routing maintainence. So a 4th sim at the FSI Memphis location would make a lot of sense. Not really suprising though.

You are saying the Pinnacle is getting the new 4th sim. It is flight safety, not Pinnacle. A new 4th sim is going to go into the empty slot, that 9E can buy time in, as well ans every other carrier out there...but it is not PINNACLE's sim!

Stupid post. Who cares! It is for our use, which is the entire point of it being placed there. Why don't you try to contribute something meaningful.

Beleive it when you se it Folks....For right now we're sending folks as far as CLT and STL after their ground schools to complete sim training.......and it's also a chance some new hires may be going to DEN.........CRJ 200 sim time is hard to come by right now (good for the industry, but a scheduling nightmare) besides that we can't even staff what we already have aircraft wise..................

Latest resources

Back