Pilots with Harleys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To GV and his R1200GS:

Uh-oh. Here we go. And after I tried to spread peace among the brethren.
Y'all GS riders are all crazy, anyway. (I live with one.) You sideswipe the H-D people while you're looking down at the GPS in a sweat to make the next Iron Butt checkpoint? No wonder.

Last edited:
Nice thread--
I like the Vrod, myself, but then again, I like most all of 'em--

I ride a BMW R1200. Harley riders don't wave at me with all their fingers.

GV

LMAO!

Slag--You just can't bring yourself to "fit in" can you? ;)

WPP--I always figured you for a 'Ninja-riding, Ray-ban and leather-flight-jacket-in-the-summer-wearing, ERAU punk'. ;) AND--Oh, yeah, I can't be YOUR bitch, I already have a job as a corporate pilot... ;) TC

LMAO!

Slag--You just can't bring yourself to "fit in" can you? ;)

WPP--I always figured you for a 'Ninja-riding, Ray-ban and leather-flight-jacket-in-the-summer-wearing, ERAU punk'. ;) AND--Oh, yeah, I can't be YOUR bitch, I already have a job as a corporate pilot... ;) TC

:laugh: ...funny!

AA717driver said:
WPP--I always figured you for a 'Ninja-riding, Ray-ban and leather-flight-jacket-in-the-summer-wearing, ERAU punk'.

AH-HAHAA! Your right, however I went to NC State and was in the Army! I never owned a H.D. in my life! This is the 1st one. I rode the Rice Rockets for years. But Im getting...huh... older?

The wiff and I have been renting Harleys for the last year. We always get the head shakers and dirty looks because I wear tennis shoes and cargo pants! Last month down at Myrtle I rode a Heritage Softail in my Polo Windbreaker.... Oh the shame! But the (Touring) Harleys are really nice, comfortable bikes and we enjoy riding them. Its a true blue piece of original American Steel Baby!!! And thats why we didnt even look at anything else.

We do plan on buying some gear and only riding on nice blue days! And the pipes will never be changed. Anybody in the GSO area ever wants to ride for the day, drop me a line! We can form a "mini-gang" of pansey, I mean bad ass pilot bikers.:D

My new motto:

Ride Hard and Live Free... (but be home by 4pm, the kids have soccer practice and I have a Doctors appointment; oh and pick up some milk on the way.)

The wiff and I have been renting Harleys for the last year. We always get the head shakers and dirty looks because I wear tennis shoes and cargo pants!

What the f*ck is a "wiff"? Isn't that something you do when you swing at a pitch and miss?

And why do you care what people think about you while you are riding your bike? You'll never see 99.5% of those people ever again, so who gives a rats ass if people shake their heads. Just go out and get some wind in your hair, but be safe and watch out for little Timmy's mom taking him to soccer practice. That's who's gonna kill you.

Harley riders don't wave at me with all their fingers.

LOL..:)

Nah, thas not true..?

I did the Harley thing before every lawyer and dentist wanted one.
When I bought my FXR in 1990, the salesman at the dealership would call me up and beg (Come on, make up your mind, I need this sale).
Three years later there was a long waiting list on Harleys, and a dealer mark-up of severeal $Ks.

Not sure what the situation is today..Back to normal? Buy 'em at list price? Or discounts?

Anyway, enjoy yer new hog and take the course if ya are new to riding, it is a zoo out there and just because ya are not paranoid, does not mean there is not somebody out to get ya...:D

Ride what you want as long as you ride. I have a Busa for around town and an Electra glide for comfort.

A little leather covering the ankles wouldn't hurt, not much skin over the ankle bone, and something to keep it all together if your foot gets crushed. Hope none of that happens to you. At least leather shorties for the hand, gravel in the palm going down is never a pretty site. A lid?? My vote is yes, but we all have choices in most states that is.

Congrats!

Great thread....

I used to have a soft tail springer... Loved it. But now I want a Screamin Eagle Road King... I have to wait till I get this damn cast off. I broke my wrist motocross racing on my dirt bike... Dont worry about what other people think, just always wear a helmet.

Latest resources

Back