• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot's watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anything for a few more 'hits', huh mods?

Does anyone here really think that someone cares about what a regional pilot thinks is the best watch?

Being a little naive here, gentlemen.

And your reasoning for writing this is?????

After you get the watch that IceMan was fumbling with while he was waiting for Maverick, so he could ask him who was covering Cougar, while Mav was show boating with that Mig.....

Get a regular watch with two time zones..... That is all you need... The Casio Marine is classic....
I want to play vollyball and flex my beergut.. er muscles... when I look at my watch like Mav did.

$3000 for a Navitimer? Tell me where and I'll be there tomorrow. More like 6-7 K, for new at least.

I guess it is closer to $4,000...get a standard stainless one with a leather strap $3,800.

I'm guilty..I bought a Breitling 4 years ago $4,200.Today that same watch sells for about $8,000..Breitlings actually increase in value.

I'm calling BS on this one. Just because it has a price tag for $8,000 doesn't mean that people are willing to purchase it for this price. In this economy, if a luxury item is selling at all, it is selling at a discount.

If you have an item that has increased almost 100% in value in 4 years, then it must fall into one of the following categories:
You either got it at an incredible discount, and it was worth much, much more when you bought it, or
It was a limited-edition model that is incredibly scarce and highly in demand, or
There is a crazy Breitling bubble and it won't be worth $8k for long.

To each his own, though. If you have the money, and a fancy watch makes you happy, then go for it. I've spent money on worse things.

I'm calling BS on this one. Just because it has a price tag for $8,000 doesn't mean that people are willing to purchase it for this price. In this economy, if a luxury item is selling at all, it is selling at a discount.

If you have an item that has increased almost 100% in value in 4 years, then it must fall into one of the following categories:
You either got it at an incredible discount, and it was worth much, much more when you bought it, or
It was a limited-edition model that is incredibly scarce and highly in demand, or
There is a crazy Breitling bubble and it won't be worth $8k for long.

To each his own, though. If you have the money, and a fancy watch makes you happy, then go for it. I've spent money on worse things.

Go price one for yourself.Mine is the Windrider Chronomat Evolution with the stainless steel case and steel bracelet with Black dial and gold sub-dials . I am just stating the price i was quoted from a Breitling dealer, not from the internet for the exact same watch 4 yrs later to see how much vaule was increased.Could I sell mine for that, No.. And yes i'm sure they will discount it today maybe 20% or more..Whether or not someone will pay that is up to them.Prices may have fallen also due to the economy.

Last edited:
Glycine Airman. Best watch around. I love the old ones. Hard to find that still has the hack working on them. But they look great for a "pilot" watch and not over the top

What a waste of $$$. Use that money on my wifes boob job, have a lot more fun with a new "rack" then a "timepiece."

Latest resources

Back