• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots Turning Scarce As Demand Takes Wing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the bigger factor is the money and time off that attracted many of us are gone too. A ten year stint in the Air Force or 100-150K in student loans followed by several years as a regional FO is a high price to pay for a job that just isn't that great anymore. I expect a lot of perspective pilots are simply looking at the economics of the situation and realizing the return on investment just isn't there any more.
True, but he asked about total pilot starts. Used to be the majority of Pilots in the US were of the Private Pilot variety that enjoyed aviation as a hobby. Those folks are disappearing - fast. (It cost me $18,000 to own and operate a Bonanza for 125 or so hours last year. It may not be around next year - thinking about an RV6 or something that is NOT certified)

True, but he asked about total pilot starts. Used to be the majority of Pilots in the US were of the Private Pilot variety that enjoyed aviation as a hobby. Those folks are disappearing - fast. (It cost me $18,000 to own and operate a Bonanza for 125 or so hours last year. It may not be around next year - thinking about an RV6 or something that is NOT certified)

Don't worry fins....When you win the rjdc lawsuit, you'll be a millionaire and won't have to worry about money ever again!;)

anyone know the shortage of pilots experienced in Asia right now...especialy India and China. Know anyone working there and what it's like

Don't worry fins....When you win the rjdc lawsuit, you'll be a millionaire and won't have to worry about money ever again!;)

I'm not a plaintiff - will not get anything.

Latest resources

Back