• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots Respond to NWA Recruitment Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
last word we have is that nwa is taking it next season when the vip interiors are installed in the Airbi'. with Champion ,and NWA its just Peter paying Paul anyway.

What about Champion and the NBA? NWA isn't takin over that now are they?

There was a thread here earlier saying Champion was closing the DTW base because they had lost the NBA charter.

It Where does PIC make you a better pilot when you will be an FO for many years to come?
Liability insurance..... Low experience pilots cost extra money in delays, training, insurance, and a lot of other things. Regionals can absorb the costs because they are pay-to-play.

Liability insurance..... Low experience pilots cost extra money in delays, training, insurance, and a lot of other things. Regionals can absorb the costs because they are pay-to-play.

Yeah, just ask United how much it cost to train one particular new first officer back in '95 when it took SIX tries to pass her checkride. No turbine experience, no 135 or 121 experience. Never flew anything bigger than a light twin.

GP

Now that is one of the best jokes I have heard in a long time! How about this one: Northwest management really cares for its employees. I think I could have a lot of fun with this one, but have other stuff to do.

It absolutely cracks me up when I hear Pinnacle guys say, oh I am never going to go to Nwa, Management sucks, they pay is too low for me. All of you need to take a look in the mirror and look at the company you work for RIGHT NOW!.
You work for a company that has terrible management, worst fo pay in the world, and horrible scheduling rules and you took that job, whats the difference?

It seems that DAL, CAL, and others are hiring plenty with no PIC time. Where does PIC make you a better pilot when you will be an FO for many years to come?

That's because they can't get anything better! :laugh:

JUST KIDDING! I never said PIC makes you a better pilot. I was just being sarcastic. I do agree with the poster right below you though.

Last edited:
Not many managements care for anything but themselves, although NWA was very active and supportive of the age 60 issue, and the frozen pension issue. The 2 recent T/A's also indicative of working things out and openly admitting to the WSJ and other sources that mistakes were made on their part.

Decent pay, a lot of retirements and international routes, ie widebodies. Also Minneapolis, Detroit and Memphis are pretty nice places to live.

That there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Decent pay?

PAY_NWAPAY2005.gif

Less than $100/hr for a 12 year 75 FO...

Have you ever lived in DTW, MSP, or MEM? Nice places to live compared to where?

How long do you think it will take for you to get from 9 FO to the "widebody"?

Finally, why would any NWA piliot (20% of applications) refer somebody except for furlough protection? QOL, work rules, company culture?

Latest resources

Back