• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots leaving Avantair for Twin Otter 135 Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like a bus, it can carry more passengers. The result, increased odds of cleaning up a mess from the airsick pax due to the low altitude bumpy slow ride.

But really, it isn’t a fair comparison, more like comparing today’s Ferrari Enzo to a world war "deuce and a half" personnel carrier. :laugh:

I've flown both, and hangarrat pretty much summed it up.

Last edited:
You would guess wrong, then.

Other than a shorter takeoff and landing and more seats...how does the otter outperform the piaggio?

The piaggio flies faster, higher, is more fuel efficient, climbs more quickly, is an all weather airplane with good ice protection, is far quieter, certainly more comfortable, with superior avionics and nav capabilities and IFR performance, has a better single engine performance and higher single engine ceiling, among other things. But you say the otter out performs the piaggio in every other respect than speed, then?

Avbug did you bother to read my second post before typing all of this. My point was that I dont think anyone would be disappointed after flying the Otter thats all.

I flew the Otter once and was VERY disappointed. I'll never do that again!

<-----Notice the "aircraft flown"

My point was that I dont think anyone would be disappointed after flying the Otter thats all.

I was so thrilled that every time we took off, I jumped out. Yipee. Whoop-te-do.

Avbug did you bother to read my second post before typing all of this.

No, I was so underwhelmed by your first effort that I'd already heard enough stupidity for one day.

If QOL wasn't the biggest issue for someone (i.e., home every night) I can't imagine someone would be happy transitioning from a P180 (especially the Avanti II) into a Twotter. It's like going from 60 MPH to 5 MPH and from the 21st Century to the Stone Age...

I guess if QOL was their primary interest, they got what they wanted. At least they will have good memories while chuggin' along between Vegas and the Canyon...

There seems to be some assumption that going fast is preferable to going slow. Why would you assume that the best memories would be from the faster airplane?

The best flying I've ever done, and by far the most enjoyable, has all been low and slow.

Who says that moving to an otter is a demotion?

Now, if I tell you that I go home with roughly $15k net after five weeks of work, would you still beat down on a Twotter job?

Well Flyzimex...Where do you work??????
Subtract FLY and do a search on the rest of my screenname. Just make sure you got a JAR license if you want to work there. Swiss company contracted flying for oil companies in Africa.

In fact, our guys flying PC-6 Porter make the same kind of money :D.

FZ

Latest resources

Back