Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uhhhh...

why is she an idiot again??!!

You don't like taking care of a passenger of yours who is encountering respiratory difficulties?

She only offers suggestions to those who may be suffering.

What disservice does she do to pilots?

I'm not sure if you are a pilot or what type of experience you have, but everything that she said relating to the systems of an aircraft were very incorrect. She suggests that we have a control that varies the amount of 02 based on how much air is recirculated. I have not flown or even heard of an aircraft that has such a thing. (I am an A&P as well as a pilot.) I guess that it is possible that the latest Boeing or Airbus aircraft have something like this, but even so, that would be a tiny fraction of the number of aircraft flying. Packs are either on or off for the most part. Even temperature control is merely determining how much hot bleed air is mixed together with discharge air from the pack - period. She also suggests that we fly around regularly with some of our packs off - another suggestion that I have never heard of in normal operation. Have one deferred, maybe. The dumbest comment has to be about suggesting that we have better air in the cockpit. We might have a separate temperature control for the pack that gives more than half of it's output in the cockpit (my current aircraft) but the air quality is exactly the same at the vents. Once it is inside the pressure vessle, I don't see how it doesn't all mix together. The only sliver of truth to any of this would be that the "air quality" would be worse towards the back of the A/C... When I flew the EMB-120, the lav was right behind my seat. If someone went in and "dropped the kids off at the pool" we would climb the cabin to get rid of the stink. Too bad for the guy in the back row who got all of the stink on it's way out the outflow valve, (think of standing on a roof smelling a bathroom exhaust fan) but at least they had to stare everyone in the face who knew they just took a dump.

As for some of her other suggestions:

Most airplanes have only a few 02 bottles, for REAL medical emergencies. They are not for Germophobes that get their information from un-informed idiots scaring them to action.

How stupid would everyone look with wet washcloth over their mouth?

Most people who complain about the "dirty air" in an airplane fail to realize that it is probably much fresher than in almost any area with many people in close quarters. The airplane is always leaking, the only way to keep it pressurized is to add more air than is leaking out and to control the rate of the leak. If they really want to go after some dirty air, I would look at your average bus, train, subway, etc... that doesn't have at LEAST two 3" pipes with 60+ PSI of air flowing the entire time.

So to answer your question, that's why we think that she is an idiot.

I have one for you, Amish guy... How do you please an Amish woman??

Two Mennonite :D

http://www.flyana.com/delay.html
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sitting on the tarmac more than one hour and thirty minutes, here's what passengers can do: [/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) After three hours maximum sitting on the tarmac, call the FBI on your cell phone and tell them you are being held hostage. The telephone number for FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. is (202) 324-3000. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2) Help others. Look around to see if there is anyone who might need assistance. An elder or a single parent who may need a break.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3) Be prepared for delays whenever you fly: with a good book, paper to document the incident, a snack, and liter of water (even if you have to pay $4 for it in the airport).[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4) Since state of mind can effect your health, do everything you can to keep an upbeat outlook during the ordeal.[/SIZE][/FONT]

LMAO!!!!!

I would pay to see that happen, and pay more to see the FBI's response!

Yeah, I always cruise around with the packs off, and only turn them on "by request". Don't you all?

I have a Oxy/Pulse meeter I have seen my Oxygen Levels drop to only about 92-95%% on an airliner consistent with an Altitude of about 7000-9000' in me in a GA airplane!

I wonder if she used an Oxy/Pulse meeter in her Studies!

She's right, I routinely fly around unpressurized to save fuel, if a passenger asks I'll turn on a pack for a few minutes. Usually everyone sleeps on my flights though.:)

From the author's website, about her self:

"I lost my health because of the airline practice of spraying [SIZE=-1]pesticides[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] inside airplane cabins—the toxic mist raining down on my skin."[/SIZE]

I guess its not her fault she's a moron.

Ahhhh,
Fukkem, we got their money. When I have a long flight with drunks on board, I just run the cabin up to 7000ft or so, they pass right out. See first sentence above.
PBR

yasir1212;1448873 [URL said:
http://www.flyana.com/form.html[/URL]

---------------------------------------------------

"Pilots get 10 times more air than passengers." -Fairechild

Airline pilots get ten times more oxygen than passengers get. Insufficient oxygen can cause many symptoms including impaired visual acuity.

She probably once saw the regs for supplemental oxygen requirements for pilots and pax, i.e. 110 minutes for pilots and 15 minutes for pax at 10,000'. Unfortunately, she doesn't understand the difference between oxygen and air. Let's cut her a break though, we can't all be genuises. ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back