• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The link you provided didn't show any salaries. Glassdoor was also the link you provided earlier for Delta salaries that we both agreed was wrong.

I looked at the SWA FO payscale here - http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/southwest_airlines

and found that their hourly rate is $57 for first year FOs, which is less than Delta, and works out to roughly the same as NJ.

Granted, their payscale increases rapidly after the first year, so some work does need to be done there.

Shows them right here for first officer.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...9QLqkEJKCpWlAhG4A&sig2=bQAmu3JUCtP9bAiSI5hlyQ

But I have the whole Delta and SWA contracts on pdf. What you see on airline pilot central is just pay for flight time. Not including things like TAFB... time away from base.

I know what my friends at Delta and SWA make ... its about double NJA.

Last edited:
There is zero incentive for Warren to pay pilots more. Furthermore, what if he decided to decrease salaries? Whats to stop him??? Increased levels of whining? Your basically just limo drivers as far as he's concerned, maybe less.

There is zero incentive for Warren to pay pilots more. Furthermore, what if he decided to decrease salaries? Whats to stop him??? Increased levels of whining? Your basically just limo drivers as far as he's concerned, maybe less.

And how is this different than Delta and SWA pilots?

And how is this different than Delta and SWA pilots?

The difference is public sentiment.

Where is the pressure being applied to this large entity? Nowhere, other than the Union.

NOBODY cares about NJ pilots protesting their salaries of nearly six figures. Delta and SWA pilots are flying the masses. Many people are unemployed or underemployed, nobody will be sympathetic to somebody making $90k and their attention span is not long enough to understand the investment required to become a pilot. Ultimately, the masses feel the same about their pilots as the NJ "owners" do about theirs, and they both want the best. They certainly don't want to hear about the private jet driver's of the super-rich either.

Without the public's sympathy or attention, the pickets are completely meaningless and an embarrassment.

Where is the pressure being applied to this large entity? Nowhere, other than the Union.

NOBODY cares about NJ pilots protesting their salaries of nearly six figures. Delta and SWA pilots are flying the masses. Many people are unemployed or underemployed, nobody will be sympathetic to somebody making $90k and their attention span is not long enough to understand the investment required to become a pilot. Ultimately, the masses feel the same about their pilots as the NJ "owners" do about theirs, and they both want the best. They certainly don't want to hear about the private jet driver's of the super-rich either.

Without the public's sympathy or attention, the pickets are completely meaningless and an embarrassment.

Wow, you couldn't really possibly be that naive can you? You think picketing only works when you are seeking less that the average person in America?... or have it worse than the un- or under-employed? You think Warren Buffet likes seeing that he pays his pilots less than Walmart in the media? The Netjets pilots may not be living on skid row, but that certainly doesn't mean others will be unsympathetic to their situation. I would be willing to bet that WB is already fielding calls from owners telling him to pay the pilots at a level commensurate with their counterparts at the major airlines and to charge the owners accordingly. The 1/10th of 1%ers don't want to be flying with second rate pilots, and that is exactly what will start happening if WB loses the ability to retain or attract experienced crews because he is penny wise and pound foolish.

Hahaa we don't care about joe 6 pack. The only one these pickets are for is Wb the man himself. When he gets embarrassed heads roll.

Wonder why hansel left right after Omaha. Because a couple of hundred pilots walking the line is an embarrassment for the grandfathered image of Wb.

Keep hunting troll.

My paycheck yesterday showed I grossed over 16k for August flying as a 15 month FO at Southwest. It was a good month. I also received a text from a 10 year FO at Netjets yesterday. He said that he has had enough and is putting his resumes out to the airlines. Have fun with that new guy up front flying into Aspen. Looking at Airlinepilotcentral or glassdoor will undersell the true compensation every time... Don't feed the trolls. They are idiots to begin with...

Latest resources

Back