• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And out of the woodwork here comes this guy. Let's see: 9 posts. Account opened late last year. No information on hours, planes flown or anything. You guys thinking what I'm thinking?

DamnSkippy, Terry..... I'm reading that too.

Fisch, Ill be hoping to have a miracle happen and be able to take a few laps, but I am sure I'll be relegated to my original scheduled checkered today starting at 11. And I'm so damned close!

Oh, and G4, your comments have just confirmed for everyone that you are nothing more than a leech, sucking off the blood of your counterparts while they do all the hard work to get you a fair wage and work rules. SHAME ON YOU!

I actually believe the regime in place DOES understand how important it is to get it done.

Problem is, the man in Omaha refuses to give them the CASH to GET it done. So, a little reminder is in order.

I don't have any knowledge what happens at the top. Im all for you guys getting a good deal, so long as the company remains profitable. If WB needs to hand over a loan to get it done, then that means we aren't making money. Yes I know we're making a lot. Yes I know you're worth you weight in gold. There has to be a common area in there somewhere.

Diesel, I get that 90 days is a long time. I would like to have seen it done too. At least both sides know where each other stands and can work together from there. 90 days ago, you were still on page 1.

SG

I don't have any knowledge what happens at the top. Im all for you guys getting a good deal, so long as the company remains profitable. If WB needs to hand over a loan to get it done, then that means we aren't making money. Yes I know we're making a lot. Yes I know you're worth you weight in gold. There has to be a common area in there somewhere.

Diesel, I get that 90 days is a long time. I would like to have seen it done too. At least both sides know where each other stands and can work together from there. 90 days ago, you were still on page 1.

SG

90 days or 5 days our demands never changed.

They knew and know what we want. It's no secret.

But the games continue.

770 pilots or 60 percent of those off traveled on their own dime agree.

That's some pretty pissed off pilots.

If WB needs to hand over a loan to get it done, then that means we aren't making money.

If that's actually the case, and that's a huge "IF", then it means that the business model is broken and the entire enterprise is unsustainable. Solution: Shut the entire thing down post haste. That means close the doors and liquidate the assets.

The pilots demand, and will receive, AVIATION INDUSTRY leading compensation (not the Fractional aviation industry as they so cleverly like to claim) - end of story. That is what professional labor costs in this world. You don't see people marching into a car dealership and demanding a Lexus for fifty bucks because "that's all I have".

I left NJA for a major a few months ago and I'll be there in DAL helping to replace at least one freeloader. Even though I don't work there anymore, a rising tide lifts all boats, and I'll do anything I can to help you guys get what you deserve. Keep fighting!

It was a pleasure talking with you over lunch. Thanks for filling a gap.

If that's actually the case, and that's a huge "IF", then it means that the business model is broken and the entire enterprise is unsustainable. Solution: Shut the entire thing down post haste. That means close the doors and liquidate the assets.

The pilots demand, and will receive, AVIATION INDUSTRY leading compensation (not the Fractional aviation industry as they so cleverly like to claim) - end of story. That is what professional labor costs in this world. You don't see people marching into a car dealership and demanding a Lexus for fifty bucks because "that's all I have".

^^^ yeh, what this guy said!

Highlighting this post because I intend to use it when Flexjet gets to the point of negotiations. Our Options brethren have been so beat down by compensation I worry they will lose sight of the goal post for any bump. Flexjet has been lulled into the hypnosis of a neo-capitalistic agenda where they almost think their being done a favor by having a smart she'll gaming con man at the helm even if it means we're not getting our due compensation (like our missing bonus which barely caused a ripple on the pond). We'll need the common sense of Nacho Mamma to bring us into solidarity on this issue.

I support the rally cry of NJA getting all they're asking for and then some. If these companies would quit with the paper games that help them claim the money isn't there you'd see even in times of lean, certain sectors are making money hand over fist in fractionals. It's high time the ones who grease the wheels of the enterprise get their fair share.

NJA will set the bar with this contract. It is up to every - and I mean EVERY - fractional pilot regardless of your stupid excuses - to encourage and support the highest bar possible.

Trust me, what the pilots are asking for won't even come close to breaking the viability of the model. It will just require the suits to get more creative in their siphoning skills.

When a company can afford to ferry a package of Oreo cookies from one airport to another so a different jet can fly the pax with those precious Oreos, I think they can afford to pay the frontline troops.

When a company can ferry a jet to pick up a pilot to ferry him home to save that dreaded after midnight, only to ferry out again (3 total ferry legs), I think they can affor to pay the frontline troops.

When a company increases owner monthly management fees (that's where pilot salaries come from) year after year yet hasn't paid COLA, I think they can afford to pay the frontline troops.

When a company claims minimal average annual profits after including the Great Recession and all losses incurred, not to mention paying down debt by nearly $2 BILLION, I think they can afford to pay the frontline troops.

I think not. Let the negotiators do their thing.

I'm trying to come up with some way of countering this...........opinion, without becoming insulting.

Let's just say you are INTENTIONALLY closing your eyes to what needs to be done because you're either too scared, too lazy, or just a union leech (someone who gains benefit of the work of others with no input of their own) or a combination of all of the above.

I mean, sheesh! Your UNION LEADERSHIP went to great lengths, trouble, and expense to set these pickets up. Does that sound to you like they'd prefer we all stay home and "Let the negotiators do their thing."?

Us muckity-muck message board posters didn't set these pickets up, your union did. They specifically sent out multiple communications to the membership to either walk or donate so someone else could walk. These are the folks directly involved with getting us a new CBA and an inside knowledge of how things are going. And these very people have told you in no uncertain terms that it's time for ALL OF US to re-engage to make this happen.

I'd love to hear your reasoning on how on earth you came to the conclusion that letting the so-called pilot shortage work its magic combined with letting the negotiators "do their thing" is going to yield any positive results when the most experienced and in charge people we have are flat out TELLING us we need to do things like walk in these pickets.

And if you think the regionals are going to be paying decent wages anytime soon because of the pilot shortage, you're drinking your bath water. They've been parking planes for a while now due to lack of pilots. Aside from some signing bonuses, do you see any of them rushing in to adjust their contracts to pay more? The truth is, even if they wanted to pay more (they don't), they actually can't because of the way their contracts are structured with the majors. They don't have the ability to raise fares willy-nilly to cover increased labor costs.

But keep up with the excuses. They aren't even reaching the level of pathetic anymore. Your union leadership sets up pickets and you think it means they're asking us to just let the negotiators "do their thing".:erm:

So tell me if I understand correctly after reading through these posts. If the company can't afford to pay you more than the top paying air carrier (industry leading),then the model is broken and we might as well shut down. Also because the company knew the demands 90 days ago, then this should have been done 89 days ago because you refuse to negotiate. Is this a fair assessment?

Also, someone mentioned assets. What assets? We don't have any assets.

SG

Latest resources

Back