• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots detained in Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should you find yourself surviving one of these, I'd suggest you blurt out anything that comes to your mind at the first police officer that arrives at the scene. Like I said, you can always take it back later...not.

With what you're advocating who is going to sit around and wait for the cops? It might not decrease the number of accidents but it certainly will increase the number of people fleeing the scene.

Look, it is the rose colored glasses neo-con, who brings only an empty mind and a full diaper to the discussion.

Greta Van FNFAL, dont be upset that someone is making fun of your lousy lawyer demeanor here. I think it's kind of funny myself that you think your the know it all when it comes to the legal system. Funny how you try and find fault (in legal terms) with pilots and their actions in light of ANY accident.

Accidents do happen....remember, we are all human and even though it's perhaps difficult for you to grasp, that includes you too FNFAL. Last thing anyone wants is someone tearing up an accident (before the facts are even out) in legal terms and trying to lay blame and find fault with those involved on some technicality.....which you seem to be really good at and which no one really cares about.

I'm insane because you guys don't know the definition of varying degrees of criminal negligence?

No, I'm insane to think that you guys would take a hint and realize that in the criminal justice system, there is no such thing as an accident.

Go ahead and do your best, I got lots of time and plenty of news stories to read...be one.

Greta Van FNFAL, just think if you were "one" of those news stories which we read about and someone else just like you was so quick to point the finger and find fault in a legal manner with you as you are to others? How would you like that?

In all honesty, I hope that never happens to you or anyone else either. But, we all make mistakes (maybe YOU dont). It happens.....and if you could just remember, you aint the judge here.

With what you're advocating who is going to sit around and wait for the cops? It might not decrease the number of accidents but it certainly will increase the number of people fleeing the scene.

No, I'm simply trying to tell you that any car "accident" or aircraft "accident" can turn into a homicide or other criminal negligence investigation.

If you believe that the Constitution is not a communist agenda of the ALCU, then you will understand that it defines rights. One of which is the right to remain silent.

If for some reason you wind up in some sort of a major "brugadung" on the highway or while flying, you might want to consider your right to remain silent until you have had a moment to calm down and let someone who is professionally licensed explain the complexities of your modern legal dilema before you speak.

Which is all that I have tried to promote through my attempts at explaining the negligence laws that we have on the books today.

For some reason, you guys see "pointing finger" when all I am trying to explain is that you might want to realize.

no. Im saying there was probably an miscommunication that put someone at the wrong alt. Most pilots don't fly wrong altitudes for the hell of it. I've had emergencies that made me descend through the flight levels and ATC wasn't communicating with us for some reason. Its a very uneasy feeling being high and fast and knowing your not in your protected chunk of airspace. You feel like your going to get clipped at any second. I doubt someone would knowingly do that to themselves.
I wasn't picking on you and I'm not an English major...by a long shot. But if you re-read what you wrote, you'll understand why I took the jab.

I knew what you meant...but words can be twisted.

Greta Van FNFAL, just think if you were "one" of those news stories which we read about and someone else just like you was so quick to point the finger and find fault in a legal manner with you as you are to others? How would you like that?

In all honesty, I hope that never happens to you or anyone else either. But, we all make mistakes (maybe YOU dont). It happens.....and if you could just remember, you aint the judge here.
No, unlike the babies and cavemen of this forum, I understand that when I get dragged out of the wreckage of a car "accident" or a plane "accident" that there might be a criminal investigation to follow...therefore, I would know to use my right to remain silent and simply get in the ambulance.

In no post that you are referring to, did I point a finger.

No, I'm simply trying to tell you that any car "accident" or aircraft "accident" can turn into a homicide or other criminal negligence investigation.

If you believe that the Constitution is not a communist agenda of the ALCU, then you will understand that it defines rights. One of which is the right to remain silent.

If for some reason you wind up in some sort of a major "brugadung" on the highway or while flying, you might want to consider your right to remain silent until you have had a moment to calm down and let someone who is professionally licensed explain the complexities of your modern legal dilema before you speak.

Which is all that I have tried to promote through my attempts at explaining the negligence laws that we have on the books today.

For some reason, you guys see "pointing finger" when all I am trying to explain is that you might want to realize.

FN FAL I like you a lot better when you simply try to enlighten us rather than browbeat, even if you are still a condascending @ss. ;)

It's true the right to remain silent might help keep certain parties out of jail, but like the man said it will also put a chill on accident investigations. So by prosecuting what purpose is being served? Justice? It might make the family members of crash victims "feel" better to see the pilots thrown in jail, but at what price? If the flying public is ultimately less safe then who wins other than than some publicity hungry DA with an axe to grind? I would rather deal with the Feds than some local moron trying to get his face on TV. Imagine Jon Benet and then imagine something along the magnitude of an airliner crash.

FN FAL I like you a lot better when you simply try to enlighten us rather than browbeat, even if you are still a condascending @ss. ;)

It's true the right to remain silent might help keep certain parties out of jail, but like the man said it will also put a chill on accident investigations. So by prosecuting what purpose is being served? Justice? It might make the family members of crash victims "feel" better to see the pilots thrown in jail, but at what price? If the flying public is ultimately less safe then who wins other than than some publicity hungry DA with an axe to grind? I would rather deal with the Feds than some local moron trying to get his face on TV. Imagine Jon Benet and then imagine something along the magnitude of an airliner crash.
There's train tracks by your house and somewhere there is a railroad crossing with lights, bells and gates. Please race the train and prove me wrong...please. I triple dare ya.

Latest resources

Back