• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots against JBPA (jetblue union)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So JBPA would and does support reduced bid divisors if need be to retain all pilots on pay role? Is that what you are saying?

You ask a question of the JBPA -- or the pilots that would make up the JBPA? I know that the interim leaders are on board with reduced bid divisors, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is what the pilots vote for.

The union is not "them", it is every pilot that votes for it.

For starters, the culture is killed the moment we have a third party invovled.

Drama. Are you sure you're not an FA?

If the culture, or "working relationship", that you so cherish is such an ethereal entity, than I'd wager that it never existed in the first place.

...For starters, the culture is killed the moment we have a third party invovled...

IMHO, the Culture is what's killing our pilot group...already. C'mon, say it with me:
E-G-A-L-I-T-A-R-I-A-N-I-S-M!!!

Did you read the intranet thread after our magnanimous CEO (and practiced pool player) 'outed' the pilots and the JBPA filing via BlueNote?

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Were you around when Ross admitted that if he gave the pilots a raise then he'd have to give everyone a raise? I ended up taking a paycut. Especially when CPI and our 'benefits' are factored in. Especially when you factor in how unproductive our pairings have become. So much for collaboration. Oh I know, give them another year, right?

Did you read the PCRB report and the laughable action plan?

I happened to be in attendance at a Town Hall meeting this past July. I could not believe how cavalier (and stupid - in the case of the benefits lady) and largely ignorant Ross, Hoskins, and Stabile were to the audience. Is that collaboration? I mean, if we're being transparent and all.

What about the joke that is the PVC and the self-appointed chairman AA? Where's all the transparent and collaborative dialogue from them? Maybe we should petition for a recall. Oh that's right, there's no way to do such a democratic thing.

Uh oh, you mean we might have to pay $30/month [GASP] for FLICA?
-I lost over a thousand dollars alone back when reserve PTO days were charged at 5 hours even though reserve days are 4:12.
-If I call in for 1 15 hour trip and I have 85 hours for the month I lose almost $1000 in premium pay.
-$360/year (an example) for FLICA doesn't seem so expensive if I can mitigate some of the above.

It's a business decision. Besides some blatant incompetence in the Middle- to Upper-Middle-Management positions, I am generally OK with our senior executives. I don't care how much they make or what kind of swanky pads they live in. However, I understand their responsibilities and realize (and it's already been demonstrated) that they will NEVER compensate us commensurately without adroit negotiation on our part. NEVER.

Besides the obvious shortcomings in our hourly pay and benefits, we need at a minimum:
-Trip and Duty rig protections
-Int'l override
-Night override
-Recall provisions for PVC and PSC
Do you really think that 'Collaboration' will accomplish the above? I don't.

I'll admit that a union is no panacea. However, I'm tired of sitting on my hands listening to the condescension of Flt Ops leadership. That is why I'll be voting as soon as my instructions arrive in the mail.

[Disclaimer: despite my screename, I am not on the organizing committee]

BlueSide: you realize we already have a 3rd party on property, right? They're called Ford and Harrison.

Your claims are nothing more than tired old union busting rhetoric. Martin Levitt wrote about this in his book "Confessions of a Union Buster" years ago. The tactics are nothing new. It's the same tactics and rhetoric over and over again.

When I read that, I thought to myself, "Hmm...that seems familiar", and you're right, it's from the book. "Confessions of a Union Buster" is a great read, it's a first-person account of the activities of the consultants that are sent in when a union organizing drive is started at a company.

There is no "third-party", as stated, a union is the same guys that spoke up at employee meetings. Only this time, their rhetoric actually has to get answered.

I am absolutely amazed that guys working at JBLU, who make 40% less than guys working at SWA, have no merger protection, no enforceable greivance procedures, no long-term Loss of License and no say in their work rules would argue that they're somehow better off without those benefits.

Nope, you're not better off. The shareholders are better off, but they'd be better off if you worked for $20,000 per year, so why don't you go whole-hog and cough up your cash for the shareholders you're kissing the boots of?

there are all sorts of nice things in collective bargaining agreements that benefit the employee, and many of them don't cost a nickle. How's your seniority list over at JBLU? You have one, right? I didn't think so. How about legal protection if you get your t!tty in an FAA ringer? Nope?

How about an enforcement procedure if the company violates their side of the pilot agreement? You have that, right?

Anyway, you anti-union guys are pretty funny. I still think you should just donate another 40% of your salaries to the company.

When I read that, I thought to myself, "Hmm...that seems familiar", and you're right, it's from the book. "Confessions of a Union Buster" is a great read, it's a first-person account of the activities of the consultants that are sent in when a union organizing drive is started at a company.

There is no "third-party", as stated, a union is the same guys that spoke up at employee meetings. Only this time, their rhetoric actually has to get answered.

I am absolutely amazed that guys working at JBLU, who make 40% less than guys working at SWA, have no merger protection, no enforceable greivance procedures, no long-term Loss of License and no say in their work rules would argue that they're somehow better off without those benefits.

Nope, you're not better off. The shareholders are better off, but they'd be better off if you worked for $20,000 per year, so why don't you go whole-hog and cough up your cash for the shareholders you're kissing the boots of?

there are all sorts of nice things in collective bargaining agreements that benefit the employee, and many of them don't cost a nickle. How's your seniority list over at JBLU? You have one, right? I didn't think so. How about legal protection if you get your t!tty in an FAA ringer? Nope?

How about an enforcement procedure if the company violates their side of the pilot agreement? You have that, right?

Anyway, you anti-union guys are pretty funny. I still think you should just donate another 40% of your salaries to the company.

Believe it or not, some JB pilots are bragging about how wonderful the company has been by giving us 3 pay raises since 2002.

I am absolutely amazed that guys working at JBLU, who make 40% less .

Is that 40%!!!???

Good God! at least those with CBAs and representation know there is a process in place at increasing thier pay...... or at least no cost gains that are priceless!!

Last edited:
Just curious--how do you know that F&H has been brought on property?

I just checked:

John Ford, #1782 JFK 190FO
Robin Harrison, #178 LGB 320CA

Oh, they are on property brother -- and they are f-in evil!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back