Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilotless aircraft. Look out Fed Ex wannabees.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotless Passenger aircraft won't happen in our lifetime. There are a lot of variables during takeoff that a computer cant handle that a pilot has handeled. I recall a 1900 that had a mis rigged elevator and the pilots aborted past v1... the computer would just keep trying to rotate until it ran full speed off the end of the runway. A computer can cruise and land, but takeoff I think will be trouble. Besides a pilot can handle hydraulic failures and flight control failures better than a computer. They can think and adapt while a computer can only do what it is programmed to do. A pilotless passenger jet is a very long ways off.

You know, considering that this hasn't happened yet, this IS kind of a dumb thing to fight about.

Kinda like killing over religion - - ->

------> I.E. killing each other over who has the best invisible friend!

How does your hate of God have to do with this?

How does your hate of God have to do with this?

It's almost impossible to prove a negative statement like:

There will NEVER be a pilotless passenger airplane.

or

There is NO tooth fairy

or

This is NO god but god (and M is his****, for example)

or even

There is NO god

And so forth. So in a way, all the definitive, "it will NEVER" happen statements are a bit silly. After all, who knows what technological advancements the future holds? Without perfect knowledge (impossible), no one really knows.

Plus, I kinda thought the whole "Religion is all about different groups fighting about who has the best invisible friend(s)" was kinda funny. :)

Latest resources

Back