Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilotless aircraft. Look out Fed Ex wannabees.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. You're kind of ass then arn't you?

So what, are you saying? 300 hour pilots are a good idea?

you've lost me man..

Well I don't see where I said that; but yeah, is as much that they are the only way to get 10,000hr pilots they are a great idea. And while I Do Not think 300hr pilots should be flying at the airlines, the fact is there isn't much data to support my feelings.

I'm having a hard time with your grammar, but if you're saying that you need to be 300 hours before you get to 10K.. fine, just don't fly a commercial airplane until you have at least 1000 or more..that's what I'm saying.

I don't think anyone is crazy about Sub 1000 or sub 500 hour pilots flying 50K-100K lbs pax jets around. However, I do not think it is proper, or just, to blame the pilots for taking those jobs.

A lot of FI posters talk about the free market system being the best solution to all problems. Well, the free market system states that you take the best job that you can at any given time. Talk about planning for the future, and waiting patiently for "better" jobs, when you have limited opportunities is just plain silly, especially when these low timers have bills which must be paid immediately.

Folks also seem to think that conditions are changing now for for entry level regional jobs. While that might be partially true, I don't think things will really change until there is significant change in QOL/pay for CFI's. I understand that there is a minority of CFI's who have livable jobs, most CFI jobs out there are truly horrendous.

Things will start to improve when CFI's are making over 35K with reasonable QOL, with opportunities to go directly to majors/LCC's with sufficient time (4-5K hours, for example). Until then, almost any regional job will be better than instructing, and the beatings will continue.

OK I see I will have to settle this. The planes will be pilotless, flown by 300-hour computer operators who paid for training and sleep on purple boards in their cubicles. My question is can you log it as PIC?

Design it....at least 5 years (the miliary doesn't count: I'm talkin' passenger planes here).
Test it....at least 3 years
Prove it....at least 5 years
Submit it...at least 1 year
FAA test it...at least 3 years
Red tape it...at least 2 years
Sell it...at least 3 years
Implement it...at least 2 years
Get the public to trust it...who knows

No, not in our lifetimes. Also, consider that ATC radar can not do the job on WX avoidance. So it flies into a big storm, injures pax, no one in the cockpit to negotiate a deviation, or even ask for other altitudes for everyday turbulence. Pax get injured, lawsuits....I just don't see it any time soon.

Good points, but consider that the technology is already here and that cargo doesn't need to be sold on it. GlobalHawks have weather avoidance capability that makes it fly around convective weather. But I agree passenger flights are a LOOOONNNGGG time away . just my .02...

Actually, the planes will be flown by: IPODS!

Yes, all that frosty spiky hair gunk, mutated through exposure to solar radiation, has given the ipods artificial intelligence. Better buy up that apple stock now.

OK I see I will have to settle this. The planes will be pilotless, flown by 300-hour computer operators who paid for training and sleep on purple boards in their cubicles. My question is can you log it as PIC?

LOL!!! :laugh:

Dude that was sweet!

A lot of FI posters talk about the free market system being the best solution to all problems.

Well, in the intrest of political consistency; I've never been one of those guys.. The Tyrany of the freemarket with no checks is as evil as a Godless communist state.

Latest resources

Back