Pilot = Women are impressed???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4.0atRIDDLE said:
They told us at Embry-Riddle not to worry about woman, since we will never need one.
:laugh:

CFIcare said:
When a guy tries to impress me with the whole "I'm a pilot" routine, I find it hilarious because I'm also a pilot and I know half of the fluff you just told me was BS. I usually don't tell people right away...I say I'm in the high speed pressurized aluminum tubing industry and then let them dribble on about being a pilot.:rolleyes:

Evil woman, but cute screen name.

GV

One time I forgot my I.D. in a bar and whipped out my TWO certificates. Yes that right! TWO whole licences (commercial and CFI)...................
Can't really remember anything after that except being forcefully removed from the building.:D

My wife gets turned on by my uniform. Like I have said, I am a FO (3 stripes) in a C172! Has nothing to do with being a pilot though. It could be a cop, fireman, marine, whatever uniform and she'd get all frisky.

I've had impressed reactions when I tell people I'm a pilot. I've gotten out of a speeding ticket because I was in uniform and "on my way to get my flight on time." I won a custody case over my daughter; my lawyer told me courts generally look at some professions as indicative of "stability, responsibilty and maturity". Bank loan officers, apartment rental managers, etc. seem duly impressed and pleased of my "risk factor".But I've NEVER been laid or gotten to 2nd base because I'm a pilot! (In other words, pulling out the "pilot card" never made an ounce of difference).

Goose Egg said:
The reactions that I get from females fall into four general categories, and this is after them having to ask me what I do--I'll always tell someone, but only if they ask first. I'm modest.

Anyway, the categories are:

1. Being sociopathicly attracted because they think that pilots are risk takers and womanizers.
2. Being impressed because they see that it's unique, complex, and interesting work.
3. Apathy; ambivalence.
4. Avoiding me because they think that I'm a risk taker and/or a womanizer.

Ideally, I look for reaction #2. (Read I'm extremely unlikely to reciprocate interest unless I get reaction #2.)

-Goose

Good analysis. You can always work the bad boy angle. "That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous."

GV

honestly, you can get more action by telling them you are a roofer. It has worked for me on a coulpe of occasions. I played the pilot card when I was a student pilot and it didn't work and I felt like a wanna-be so I didn't use that one again.

blzr said:
honestly, you can get more action by telling them you are a roofer. It has worked for me on a coulpe of occasions. I played the pilot card when I was a student pilot and it didn't work and I felt like a wanna-be so I didn't use that one again.

Do you have a cool uniform? Chicks dig a man in uniform and every girls crazy "'bout a sharp dressed man".

Clean shirt, new shoes
and I don't know where I am goin' to.
Silk suit,black tie,
I don't need a reason why.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
coz' every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

gold watch, diamond ring,
I ain' missin'not a single thing.
And cufflinks, stick pin
when I step out I'm gonna do you in.

Top coat, top hat,
I don't worry coz my wallet's fat.
Black shades, white gloves,
lookin' sharp and lookin' for love.

GV

lyrics [SIZE=-1]© ZZTop[/SIZE]

Skyranger777 said:
Why is that? Are people sick of the wanna be "Riddle" pilots? Or just the enormous amount of air traffic?
just wondering never hung out around that area

They're know as Riddle Diddles locally. I'd call myself a sewer shoveler trainee
before I'd ID myself as a pilot in Daytona.

CE

(just sayin')

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back