Pilot to Dispatcher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bart Simpson said:
Why not just try it? And how can CA have a similar lifestyle to any other place? Did you come from Earthquake country thats ruled by a mediocre moviestar? LOL, just kidding.

Well, I came from Asia, which we have a lot of entertainments and shops are open overnight (not only convenience stores, supermarkets and bars). Shopping malls are open until midnight, and do not close at 6pm on Sundays.

I have been feeling extremely bored living in CA, so I guess I can't live those small towns.

Skills can get you a job, but I hope that you have brains with that pretty. What I usually see in the office is that when women use prettiness for their qualifications, they got some serious issues under the surface. Hope to see you in the office.

Are you sure?

I have been there, done that (dispatched and now flying). Make sure you will not regret when you have to sit in the office for 10 hours a day. True, you will be home every night but (for me) dispatch is more work than flying. You will have to send 50 flights a day on average if you work for a regional; that is a heavy workload. I am usually exhausted after a day in SOC.
As for school I would recommend Sheffield. They are very demanding; you will be very detail oriented when you graduate.
The pay is probably better than a first year FO but it cannot match the pilot pay in the long run unless you go work for places like Netjet, Jeppesen or majors.
I will not trade my window seat for a desk job, that's just me.

PA44Jockey said:
I am currently a pretty junior FO at a regional airline and am looking into transfering to a dispatch position for a better quality of life. Can anyone provide some insight to the transition? Schools, Cost, Pay?

Boring in CA?

I hear you. I'm also from asia and the nightlife there is way better than what we have here. If not for the flying opportunities I would have gone back. Not that I don't like living here, I love this country but it is just too boring.
I lived in many places because of the aviation career. CA is the best, so don't complain :uzi:
Wish you luck regardless of whichever path you will choose. :beer:

bathing510 said:
Well, I came from Asia, which we have a lot of entertainments and shops are open overnight (not only convenience stores, supermarkets and bars). Shopping malls are open until midnight, and do not close at 6pm on Sundays.

I have been feeling extremely bored living in CA, so I guess I can't live those small towns.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back