Pilot sticks it to mgmt!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt1124 said:
Don't comment on things you haven't experienced, and don't know anything about.

Do you know me? How the $!?* would you know what my life experiences have been?

bigboeings said:
It was a 757 and had a loss of oil pressure.

Thanks. I guess what you are saying is they shut the engine down prior to the ETP and continued on? Or, did they ever shut the engine down at anytime prior or after the ETP?

The British army that surrendered at Yorktown did not surrender to an American army, They surrendered to the French army. The U.S. congressmen who coined the term "freedom fries" never served in the military ie; chickenhawks. The resting place of the U.S. servicemen intered in France is maintained by French citizens, well maintained. The resting places of the thousands of French sailors and soldiers who died defending the U.S. Colonies against the most powerfull army in the world are unknown.
Patton was not well liked by many American servicemen ie; the men of the 1st infantry division. Many figured that he would get as many of them killed as necessary for a good headline. The term used was his guts but our blood.
If you get your history lessons from hollywood your ill educated.

NEDude said:
Capt Megadeath : As other have pointed out, this captain will never get hired by another airline. His career is most likely over due to his termination.

Why do you think no other airline will hire him? Because he stood up and did the right thing? C'mon!! Seems to me in an interview when asked why he was terminated and he told me the story of DOING THE RIGHT THING that I'd give him PREFERENTIAL treatment and move him to the top provoded he has been honest and has no major skeletons in his closet. I can't imagine SWA, JB, UPS, FDX, etc thinking "well, we don't want him on our team because he stood up and did the right thing when asked to do something dangerous and illegal by a scumbag operation." Certainly very few 121 carriers would blacklist him for being a HERO. That simply doesn't add up!

Capt Megadeth you need to quit stating with certainty that you KNOW this man was overcompensated. God Forbid if this was you and others treated you disrespectfully. With all do respect you need to take a good walk and get a nice breath of fresh air and cool off! You don't seem to think that others have a right to be compensated for wrongdoing. While I do agree that frivilous lawsuits are out of control however you can't lump this into that catagory. You seem to be making creative excuses as to why this pilot has it so easy now. A jury of his peers unanimously ruled that he is entitled to several million in compensation. I am very disturbed by everyone who has made excuses as to why the verdict was wrong. All professional pilots should be very happy that this company has been sent a message that this will not be tolerated. Plain and simple.

BOOZENEWS said:
Why do you think no other airline will hire him? Because he stood up and did the right thing? C'mon!! Seems to me in an interview when asked why he was terminated and he told me the story of DOING THE RIGHT THING that I'd give him PREFERENTIAL treatment and move him to the top provoded he has been honest and has no major skeletons in his closet. I can't imagine SWA, JB, UPS, FDX, etc thinking "well, we don't want him on our team because he stood up and did the right thing when asked to do something dangerous and illegal by a scumbag operation." Certainly very few 121 carriers would blacklist him for being a HERO. That simply doesn't add up!

I know of several pilots at one of the airlines you listed above (think of a large coffee stain) that have been fired/faced disciplinary hearings for legitimate mechanical/safety of flight write-ups. Of course all were vindicated and re-hired/letters of discipline "removed" from their files, especially after the union demanded the FAA be included in the "hearings".

Though I normally enjoy mega's posts ... I have to say she is in for one MIGHTY RUDE AWAKENING at her new place of employment.

BBB

bigboeings said:
It was a 757 and had a loss of oil pressure.

I will repeat my question in hopes of a non-evasive pertinent answer.

Do you have first-hand knowledge or are you just engaging in gossip?

capt. megadeth said:
Now, someone please tell me why someone deserves to become a millionaire because the wrongfully terminated him. I can see court, attorney costs, back pay for the time you were not employed and benefit money but $12 million? That is excessive, just like the mentality in America these days. Truly sad. Furthermore, the pilot did not stick it to management....they will be ok regardless. In truth, now the company will have less cash and stick it back to the pilots in the end. Meanwhile, the one dude that got screwed never has to work again. Bogus.
Letssee,
A company was dispatching a 757 with FLIGHT CONTROL issues. Not once, but over and over. A pilot who has not only the legal obligation, but the moral one to be the last line of defense for the pax, was terminated for exercising these obligations as a whistleblower. It may sound trivial but we are that last line of defense, those of us who have flown the junk out there will attest to the owner/operators desire to keep these costs at a minimum. Yeah 12M is alot, how much is your mom and/or dad worth if they were in the back of that POS? The only thing that gets these bottom feeding execs is $.$$. I think 12M is not enough considering his career will be over. This company is just an example of the cost cutting bottom feeding that has become our industry. I would hope everyone of us would have the moral fortitude to do what this guy did.
PBR
P.S. I hope he would have a umbrella drink on the back of the houseboat for
me!

BOOZENEWS said:
Capt Megadeth you need to quit stating with certainty that you KNOW this man was overcompensated. God Forbid if this was you and others treated you disrespectfully. With all do respect you need to take a good walk and get a nice breath of fresh air and cool off!.

With all due respect......Blah blah blah blah

I am not going to even bother....you all are reading into my posts waaaaaay too much and taking from them what you want to take from them, not necessarily what I am trying to say. In turn, you all are getting yourself all worked up. It seems to me some of you guys/gals need to take the good walk and cool off.

Breathe in.....breathe out.....

Last edited:
I wasnt there, but it is a known fact cause I spoke with the copilot, and no he did not shut it down, but when he arrived the engine was toast.

Latest resources

Back