• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

From another website...

The flight school where I work part time can not find ANY CFIs, and is turning away students...one flight school in Chicago that lost 15 instructors in one week.

HOLD OUT FOR MORE PAY!!!

cliff
YIP

pilot shortage

Another sign of the worldwide pilot shortage, as we eat our seed corn in the form of new studnets, the shortage will accelerate giving support to the need to increase the 121 retirement age to 77

"We just can't find americans to take these jobs."

Sound familiar?

"We just can't find americans to take these jobs."

Sound familiar?

Don't worry, the pilot shortage is more severe in the rest of the world. And pilots are paid way more in Europe and Asia anyway.

American Eagle had an ad for Pilots in the LA Times classifieds today.... The real pilot shortage will happen when United/AA/USair/Cont. etc start advertising in the classifieds.
FDAH

YIP was right. I remember when he started predicting this 4 or 5 yrs ago after 911. I was a skeptic, now turning into a believer. Funny thing as I'm typing this yahoo email alert just pops up alerting me that I have an email from AE about a LA job fair.

Hi!

From another website...

HOLD OUT FOR MORE PAY!!!

cliff
YIP
Hold out for more than that. Just apply to the places that provide a reasonable work schedule, pay and medical benefits and insurance. Make them compete for your time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back