Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot shortage, coming soon to an airline near you.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
said Kip Darby, president of Atlanta-based AIR.

"Napoleon, don't worry, I'm sure there's an airline out there that's your soul-mate."

Please keep posting. I don't care what you write.
I...just...really....like...your....avatar.
Wow.

I think that is where you are wrong, when they are unable to staff an airline(not enough applicants) the only way that they can attract more applicants is to make the pay better then the other guys pay.

Hey dude your dam avatar is VERY distracting to what you are saying...I read...."blah, blah, blah, Blond with nice tata's, blah, blah, I wonder if she's that hott in real life...blah, blah, blah, okay, she's really freaking hott...blah..." :blush: :beer:

All airlines promised those things at one point.. They could crash too.

That's true, as with any job. But if they crash 50 years from now after you've retired...does it matter? The situation here isn't getting any better with Management's "make money at all costs" mentality. You're in bankruptcy, your CEO needs a retention bonus to stay. You're out of bankruptcy, your CEO needs another bonus for "saving" the company (at the expense of employees) That mindset isn't going away anytime soon, I suspect, and the last thing on management's mind is to throw THEIR hard earned money at the employees to stop their complaining. It's very sad how management has beaten the pilots into a distracted state where they are celebrating over nickle and dime payraises, yet they have absolutely NO retirement. Take what you can get while you can get it, and it's overseas for now.

That's true, as with any job. But if they crash 50 years from now after you've retired...does it matter? The situation here isn't getting any better with Management's "make money at all costs" mentality. You're in bankruptcy, your CEO needs a retention bonus to stay. You're out of bankruptcy, your CEO needs another bonus for "saving" the company (at the expense of employees) That mindset isn't going away anytime soon, I suspect, and the last thing on management's mind is to throw THEIR hard earned money at the employees to stop their complaining. It's very sad how management has beaten the pilots into a distracted state where they are celebrating over nickle and dime payraises, yet they have absolutely NO retirement. Take what you can get while you can get it, and it's overseas for now.

Oh yea bud don't get me wrong i'm 100% with you. I'm just saying when it comes to aviation it appears noone is safe from getting screwed with their pants on by management.

so toilet how does that make a flying job any different than most other jobs?

so toilet how does that make a flying job any different than most other jobs?

A lot. Other places aren't as cut-throat. Other places don't abuse their white collar labor. I'm not talking about telemarketers ect. But fortune 500 companies get there by treating their employee's the best. By acknowledging their strongest asset is the "individuals" that work there. Aviation we might as all be numbers... Well I guess we already basically are. Everyone hired does the same thing. Go from point A to point B by certain standards. Uniqueness plays no part. We lack hiearchy. Small ladder to climb so you have many many people at the same level. Total hours in long run gets better paying job(in grand scheme of things). How creative you are doesn't matter. We aren't like doctors or lawyers or engineers because as pilots of commercial aircraft we lack individuality. Which is why several say flying is a trade. This is just my opinion of course and to each his own.

Last edited:
Toilet, I guess you are not keeping up on what is going on in Detroit, 10,000 lays next week for auto white collar at Chrysler, Ford cut 34,000 employees last, closed three factories, no the airline business is no different. The big difference is pilots when they loose their jobs go to the bottom of a seniority list at starting pay, engineers go to another job at about 80% of their former wages.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back