• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Shortage affecting the Majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then last month we get a letter from head of Pilot Selection: "Guys if you know of any guys you feel comfortable recc'ing let us know"

Saudia was saying the same thing starting in OCT, 2013.

Jetstar Japan for what I heard yesterday is having to park 4 of their A320's for lack of crews, they are short 46 pilots just to crew the airplanes they have right now. Vanilla Air (the new venture from ANA after they broke off with Air Asia) they are also having a lot of trouble hiring new blood and will have to delay the launch for what I hear since they lost a few guys to Skymark on the 330. We in the other hand are getting people through the door and classes are getting filled up, including a few guys that went to other places and are coming back here, we are getting a steady number of Qantas guys too and the attrition to guys going back to the US has stopped. It looked like Alitalia was about to shut down but they got a life line with some investment that will take them to next summer, a lot of those guys were getting information about the jobs in Japan and China, Easy Jet and Ryan air are having lots of problems recruiting as well, with the market getting tighter folks are no longer so willing to fall for their P2P scheme.....! It will be interesting to watch.

yeah no kidding. Might as well pull out those expensive TCAS and EGPWES systems. I mean how often does the average guy have to actually fly a terrain escape maneuver? Most of the public don't even realize we have them anyways...

What makes you think that equipment would work gear down and flaps down? It's not designed for a landing scenario.

Latest resources

Back