• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pilot sentenced for being drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm under the impression he was drinking the previous night. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he thought he was sober. I think this punishment is pretty harsh.
Once again you illustrate your stupidity, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN HE WAS DRINKING, he showed up either drunk or hungover, he was under the influence, period. If he spent his days off drunk or whatever, he knew it, I dare say there is no active 121 pilot who thinks that showing up to the A/C drunk/high is OK, and even if they do, I bet every one knows what the penalty would be. "Benefit of the doubt"? You are either dumber than a box of rocks or a closet alcoholic trying to justify your own addiction. So go ahead and continue to rationalize his behavior, he got off cheap, and if all he gets is pounded in the tater by every other prisoner in his cell block, he will come to understand his "error in judgment" His tater will be rented out for a small sack of commissary and his pie hole will make a fine home for all of the predators in his cell.

Easy PBR. Everyone makes mistakes. This one was very serious. Not serious enough to warrant what you posted. Nothing is.

Easy PBR. Everyone makes mistakes. This one was very serious. Not serious enough to warrant what you posted. Nothing is.
Do you really think, that once in Federal Prison he is gonna be anything except the entertainment? If he is like 99% of the pilots I see on a daily basis, he will be someones girlfriend on day 1. You go to prison, you take the ride, in his case he will be the ride. The people who go to Federal prison aren't all nice old men like Bernie Madoff, most are drug smugglers and other types of miscreants, who have the game figgered out, this guy is in way over his head. Anybody who thinks showing up to the plane and flying is is like driving a car drunk should try it and see if they can get a better deal.

No. You are right...most likely that is what will happen. The fact you support that is my point you completely missed.

Once again you illustrate your stupidity, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN HE WAS DRINKING, he showed up either drunk or hungover, he was under the influence, period. If he spent his days off drunk or whatever, he knew it, I dare say there is no active 121 pilot who thinks that showing up to the A/C drunk/high is OK, and even if they do, I bet every one knows what the penalty would be. "Benefit of the doubt"? You are either dumber than a box of rocks or a closet alcoholic trying to justify your own addiction. So go ahead and continue to rationalize his behavior, he got off cheap, and if all he gets is pounded in the tater by every other prisoner in his cell block, he will come to understand his "error in judgment" His tater will be rented out for a small sack of commissary and his pie hole will make a fine home for all of the predators in his cell.
He doesn't have to go to prison to get his tater violated; he can go to Penn State for that...

No. You are right...most likely that is what will happen. The fact you support that is my point you completely missed.

I don't advocate anal rape in prison or Penn State, but if you fly drunk, prison should be expected, showering naked with Jerry Sandusky will most likely be painful. The US prison system is stocked with the apex predators from this society, the majority of the pilot population will not be able to match the extreme level of violence that they would encounter if placed into that situation. Does he deserve it, no, will he get it, probably, sorry this business is very unforgiving, ask anybody who was on Colgan 3407......or this guy after he gets out of prison.

and if all he gets is pounded in the tater by every other prisoner in his cell block, he will come to understand his "error in judgment" His tater will be rented out for a small sack of commissary and his pie hole will make a fine home for all of the predators in his cell.

Thats not how it works. Guys that have their backdoor violated are doing hard time in a diffreent type of prison.. this pilot will just lose a few months of freedom at best. maybe only serve 1/3 his sentence before getting probation.

Thats not how it works. Guys that have their backdoor violated are doing hard time in a diffreent type of prison.. this pilot will just lose a few months of freedom at best. maybe only serve 1/3 his sentence before getting probation.

And you know how? Minimum Security means less supervision, and that means plenty of opportunity for shennagians. Face it only hardened criminals and people who being made an example of actually go to the big house, everybody else gets probation of some sort. Make no mistake, this guys anal virginity is being hung on the judges wall, for every pilot left outside the walls to take note of. Guys that have their back door violated are at the bottom of the apex predator food chain.i will bet the next guy caught flying with a snoot full of booze will get 5+ years, to make a point.
If you think that the judge doesn't know exactly what goes on behind prison walls, you are crazy, that's why he sentenced him to 6 months vs 5 years of tater stretching.

Latest resources

Back