pilot sentenced for being drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, since you asked-

I had read a rather thought-provoking post by a pilot who had left the 121 world and had not fared well . . . had gone corporate, and then had lost his job. I was hopeful that things had worked out for him since then, so I clicked on "See other posts by this person" to find out if the guy had gotten a job (looks like he did!).

The list of posts he had made included this thread. I didn't remember hearing about this incident, and it sounded interesting, so I read it.

Yes, it was ancient, and I guess could be considered "necro-posting", but I felt like throwing in my 2 cents. Not very exciting, I know, but hey, you asked!

Ty

Fair enough. You never seemed liked the type to necropost or troll. That's why I was curious. It's not like you're instructordude or that clown.

Yeah really...nice for blasting the Capt...This guy wasn't a little drunk, he was .094 after operating a flight...He was probably up over .10 while he was getting on the van. Call in sick from the hotel, call the captain and tell him you're having stomach problems and be done with it.

I might have handled it differently. Maybe.

But it's one thing to tell the guy to call in before the first flight. Once they were enroute now the CA was in a difficult position. His own ass was already on the line at that point. If anyone found out booze was involved and a flight occurred, the CA would have been in deep poo for letting it happen and then trying to cover it up.

Latest resources

Back