• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Resume No-No's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a question regarding my job history to list on my resume. Do you list every job you had or just the last 10 years or so?

Thanks.

I have a question regarding my job history to list on my resume. Do you list every job you had or just the last 10 years or so?

Thanks.

I've always kept mine condensed to 1 page. So if you can fit 10 years or more on there go right ahead, but for me the current job and the last 2 are the only ones that fit.

Further, the article applies for emails with a prospective employer. If you took the time to find pink stationary with a dark pink cursive font, you can at least take the time to run a spell check.

And no, don't send a resume or anything else in email with an Outlook Stationary. I am not hiring for any graphic design postitions.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Having any stains or marks on your resume
ewwwww! Hope they're dry, at least!

Using personal pronouns like I, me, and my

yaw, I've always written mine in third person; "and he is such a wonderful pilawt..."

Forgeting to include an email address

kind of competes with those accurate spelling requirements!

A killer I see on an irregular basis is not having good contact information. You need to put your cell ph, email, home phone, and if you travel alot, like a military reservist, an alternate contact method like "If unable to reach me leave a message at 555-xxxx"

Latest resources

Back