• Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not the LAST proposal from the company.....mark my words

Stay united or die as an individual........simple as that.

SkywayFO said:
DWorthless, should not sign the Fing thing. But that would require a testicular implant.

Contrary to your opinion of his testicles (or lack thereof), Captain Woerth has refused to sign a concessionary contract in the recent past. The CCAir contract wasn't signed several years ago. He has to look at the individual circumstances and see what the possibilities are. I don't know what ALPA Legal's opinion is about the TSA/HoJets situation, but I think the scope language is very clear. I don't foresee a scenario were TSA would lose a grievance on this. It might take a little time to go through the process, but I believe the TSA MEC will win their scope grievance and HoJets will cease to exist. If ALPA legal agrees with that assessment, then I'm sure they will advise Captain Woerth not to go forward with this deal. On the other hand, if Legal believes for some reason that the grievance doesn't stand much of a chance, then ALPA really has no choice but to secure stronger scope through this deal. This isn't as cut and dry as you might think. Things behind the scenes are usually much more complicated than the membership thinks.

Peleton said:
While I admire your will, the simple fact is just like MESA there will be enough back stabbing self centered a holes that will vote for it, and that it will turn out to be a close vote.

My guess is once again the pilot will be his own worse enemy and vote this thing in. While I really hope this is not the case, the history of this profession in the last 30 years leads me to believe this to be true.

Yeah, I guess since Mesa's contract was voted in by 80% of its voting pilots there was some real backstabbing going on. Truth be told, Mesa swallowed a concessionary contract for a reason. Actually, several reasons... no more Freedom, CC Air rejoining the ranks, scope, modest miscellaneous improvements, pay raises, etc. Virtually every part of the contract improved. Sucks for us.

ricj41 said:
We are pretty fired up about this. I just read my email with the full proposal and am even more angry now. This is going to get real bad real quick.

any chance at posting that email?

This is the cover letter of the LOA...........it WILL be voted down........
September 9, 2005
Dear TSA Crewmember:

Your MEC has decided to let you, the TSA pilots, decide whether to accept the ************************* LOA. When I refer to the ************************* LOA, this includes the three attachments to the LOA. You will cast one vote for the whole package collectively. As you know, the Company and the Association have been in negotiations recently over the terms of this LOA. Because time was of the essence, we asked the company to give us their best and last proposal. While we had the opportunity to clarify the language, the ************************* LOA is, substantively, the company’s last and best offer.

Here are the highlights of the ************************* Letter of Agreement and its attachments:

Extends the current agreement by four years;

Establishes pay rates for the EMB-170/CRJ-700 & EMB-190/CRJ-900;

Provides 1.5% pay bumps annually for all equipment;

Creates a single seniority list composed of TSA and ************************* pilots;

All TSA and ************************* flying will be performed by pilots on the TSA seniority list;

Attachment 2, the NMB Certification Letter, is essentially the legal mechanism which ensures the ************************* pilots will be represented by ALPA;

Attachment 3, the Trans States Holdings Letter, ensures, among other things, that TSA ALPA contract will apply to ************************* and provides that if TSA or the Trans States Holdings creates a carrier in the future, it will come under the TSA CBA.

Pilots already hired by ************************* will keep the positions they have been assigned. They cannot be bumped out of their position in the event of a reduction in another piece of equipment. They can be reduced from their position in the event of a reduction in ************************* flying or a furlough. There are about 40 pilots who have completed or are in ************************* training. The Company has purchased 10 CRJ-700s with delivery expected by December 18. Although they will not be precise, the Company has advised us they expect there will be more growth in the 70 seat equipment.

Please read the ************************* LOA and its attachments carefully, attend the roadshows, and call your representatives if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Dario Miranda

TSA MEC Chairman

Why doesn't Hulas take a small pay cut out of his 28 million that he made last year, and pay the pilot group a decent and livable wage. His greed is astounding. This isn't USAirways or Delta. This man owns the whole kit and kaboodle. He "profited" after 911 by taking the flying that the majors couldn't afford to fly. He wants the pilots to work for peanuts while he rakes in the rewards of their hard work with crappy schedules and poor working conditions. This isn't India, Hulas. We are Americans and you are one greedy son of a ....May justice prevail. Always.

Why doesn't Hulas take a small pay cut out of his 28 million that he made last year, and pay the pilot group a decent and livable wage. His greed is astounding. This isn't USAirways or Delta. This man owns the whole kit and kaboodle. He "profited" after 911 by taking the flying that the majors couldn't afford to fly. He wants the pilots to work for peanuts while he rakes in the rewards of their hard work with crappy schedules and poor working conditions. This isn't India, Hulas. We are Americans and you are one greedy son of a ....May justice prevail. Always. QUOTE]

Your right this is not India, this is America, and what he is doing is capilism at its finest. The blame is not Hulas, it is us. We pay into a union that gets its lawyers from legal aid. Isn't it about time we finally got what we pay for?

O.K. This is what I don't get. We go to work for chicken$hit companies that have a track record of screwing its employees, and expect to turn it into a dream job, in what world?

The solution is to stop taking these jobs to begin with. Look what happened at Skywest. They couldn't fill classes because they didn't pay during training, and guess what? They started paying!!!!

JUST SAY NO!

[I don't foresee a scenario were TSA would lose a grievance on this. It might take a little time to go through the process, but I believe the TSA MEC will win their scope grievance and HoJets will cease to exist. If ALPA legal agrees with that assessment, then I'm sure they will advise Captain Woerth not to go forward with this deal. On the other hand, if Legal believes for some reason that the grievance doesn't stand much of a chance, then ALPA really has no choice but to secure stronger scope through this deal. This isn't as cut and dry as you might think. Things behind the scenes are usually much more complicated than the membership thinks.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong!

**jets will not disappear. Transtates Holdings needs to have two separate airlines because of the APA 50 Seater Scope clause. It is the only option available for them to be able to fly for United; (aka) Repulblic, Chautauqua, Shuttle America.

Latest resources

Back