Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bptham

Hey all,
I haven't posted on here in years but I have a question for everyone on the corporate side of things. I have been a regional airline pilot for about 6 years now with about 5700 hours as an FO and 4900 in jets. I may have a corporate opportunity flying for a part 91 operation that operates a G5, a citation excel? and a King Air 90. I am going to meet with the Chief pilot soon and I was trying to find out a good salary range to operate as PIC for all these aircraft? Thanks in advance...

part 91 flying 3 different types. I would think 200k would be in the ball park.

Hey all,
I haven't posted on here in years but I have a question for everyone on the corporate side of things. I have been a regional airline pilot for about 6 years now with about 5700 hours as an FO and 4900 in jets. I may have a corporate opportunity flying for a part 91 operation that operates a G5, a citation excel? and a King Air 90. I am going to meet with the Chief pilot soon and I was trying to find out a good salary range to operate as PIC for all these aircraft? Thanks in advance...

Well....is there a reason they are looking at a Regional F/O?...its usually not that they think you are a great guy (Im sure you are) but usually that means they dont want to pay for an experienced PIC.

Qualified local G5 PICs are not unemployed in my area and make between 150-200K pretty easily.

They know what you make, and will likely throw an 80K number at you. Not saying that you shouldn't take it...but the idea that you will make G5 PIC pay is pretty laughable. It may still be a good opportunity, depending on the job. We have hired regional pilots at the 110-125K range as SICs, but we only hired people who were PICs on their RJs.

Realistically shoot for a number in the King Air PIC/Jet SIC range with a clear understanding that your pay will increase as you become a Jet PIC.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
They will pay as little as you will accept, fair or not. I fly two types including the G5 and it makes no difference pay-wise in my company if you also fly smaller equipment. Most insurance will frown on flying three turbine types as it can lead to negative habit transfer, but it can be done. Depending on location, I wouldn't expect more than NBAA average for starting PIC for a G5 type, the other aircraft might warrant some more money in addition if you are lucky.

Well....is there a reason they are looking at a Regional F/O?...its usually not that they think you are a great guy (Im sure you are) but usually that means they dont want to pay for an experienced PIC.

Qualified local G5 PICs are not unemployed in my area and make between 150-200K pretty easily.

They know what you make, and will likely throw an 80K number at you. Not saying that you shouldn't take it...but the idea that you will make G5 PIC pay is pretty laughable. It may still be a good opportunity, depending on the job. We have hired regional pilots at the 110-125K range as SICs, but we only hired people who were PICs on their RJs.

Realistically shoot for a number in the King Air PIC/Jet SIC range with a clear understanding that your pay will increase as you become a Jet PIC.

Good Luck!

All of you guys, thank you. This was some good advice. I might be putting the cart before the horse here but I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should be looking at salary wise. The only reason they are looking at me is word of mouth, my buddy introduced me to chief pilot. Hell, I may get there and think he's a jerk and he may do the same to me. Funny thing is, things are going good at work and I will upgrade this year but this corporate gig may be a chance to get more for doing less and hopefully being home more. Thanks again...

Look, they aren't going to pay a Regional FO what an experienced G5 PIC should make. It just isn't going to happen unless it's your Father-in -law that is doing the hiring. if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. 80K would be reasonable.

So are you saying they're hiring straight to PIC or you just want to know the PIC numbers? I'm with what the others have said, around $80K, depending on region, for SIC. I doubt you'd jump to the G5 in the first year(or five) so look at what 560XL/King Air guys are getting in the area. But I've been wrong before....

All of you guys, thank you. This was some good advice. I might be putting the cart before the horse here but I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should be looking at salary wise. The only reason they are looking at me is word of mouth, my buddy introduced me to chief pilot. Hell, I may get there and think he's a jerk and he may do the same to me. Funny thing is, things are going good at work and I will upgrade this year but this corporate gig may be a chance to get more for doing less and hopefully being home more. Thanks again...

There's lots of guys they can look at, 99% likely they have a pay issue. But thats good for you as there exists no bigger pay issue than a regional F/O...;)

I may be biased as a career Corporate guy, but I'd consider it no matter what. You will likely be getting PIC time (at least in the King Air/Citation) right away and if you were a G5 PIC within 3-4 years you can then shop for a very good job (if you need to) and make more money and have a better lifestyle then you will ever get as a RJ Captain.....of course, maybe you want the airline career (more scheduled?)

To me one of the biggest benefits to corporate is that your ratings, experience, connections, and reputation are all portable. Get laid off or want a change of scenery? - no problem...no starting at the bottom of a list. Even during the slowest of times there were no long term unemployed G5/GLEX/DA900 type Captains out of work in my area.

Either way, again, Good Luck to ya!

Last edited:
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but, in general, "being home more" and G5 don't usually go together.

Midwest department, we started our last (several years ago) FO on Falcon equipment @ 80,000 with a six month and 1 year performance bump. Maybe that will give you an idea of what to ask for. The numbers the others are posting would be a good starting point with your experience.

Latest resources

Back