• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pilot fatigue due to commuting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes she is very nice. I wonder if she has any Italian in her. Would she like some.. hehe

And right after your nap in ground school, you have 6 hours of sexual harrassment class!:laugh: :beer:

I agree with scheudling on this one. Bull$hit schedules are besides the point in this context. If you choose to commute and deal with the stress and it adds 6 hours on top of your 12 hour duty day then that's your fault. Move to your domicile.

I'd agree with you if it were limited to 12 hours! 16 hour duty days are BS.

Laughing, that's ok, I'll take the class if she wants that Italian in her.

All I know is Skyye Candy needs to change that avatar.

hahahaha!

What's wrong - you don't like flying with chicks?!

Maybe I'll change my avatar when you guys change your swimsuit shots.... :laugh:

I agree with scheudling on this one. Bull$hit schedules are besides the point in this context. If you choose to commute and deal with the stress and it adds 6 hours on top of your 12 hour duty day then that's your fault. Move to your domicile.

While I understand where your comming from but what about the guys who have been bumped from base or had their base closed (and they live there)? It's one thing if you say work for US Air and decide to live in BumbleFrick Montana then its on you.
We cant afford to move every 2 years. Thats crap. What about when you base gets moved to a city you can't afford to live in. This was my case - I live in the PHL area was based here and in early 2005 they "downsized" my base and I was bumped to DCA. As an MDA fo there was no way I was going to try and pay rent in a livable section of DC/Crystal city so I was forced to commute. Add that to the fact that in 2004 I had moved from SYR back to PHL. I wan't in the mood to pack up and move again within 12 months. Sometimes these management types need to take responsibility for their actions. Most guys just can't up and move every 2 years so they don't have to commute.

That would be great duty days were only 12 hours and everyone made enough money to live in base. It would even be good if they were limited to 14 hours.

All winter long your going out to 16 hours enough times per month to make it old real fast. Then the scheduling tards try and get you to go 18 hours and part 91 a plane home. (no thanks)

Most first year FO's don't make enough to up and move into base without mom and dad paying the bills.

Not realistic... airlines can't afford to hire pilots with the entire USA... if they were limited to pilots who only lived in domicile then the number of applicants would be severly limited.

Your post is not realistic and inconsiderate of many people that have real lives..

What do you say to the pilot father who has a sick child and needs his parents to help care... he gets displaced to another domicile...

Consider your world is not the only one.. many of us have been furloughed many times and started over.. we can't just back up our families every three years.

Look dipstick, I moved to domicile only to have it close 8 months later. I was forced to commute.

Not sure if your posts smacks of ignorance or stupidity. But, it certainly lacks sensitivity. I experienced a base closing and saw the effect it had on families in my company.

Last edited:
I remember a long time ago of a COEX EWR ATR FO who lived in HNL, and commuted to EWR

Now THAT is a long commute

Latest resources

Back