Pilatus PC12 vs. King Air200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVJeff said:
With all due respect, I believe you will be able to better answer this when you have 2,000+ hours of multi-engine time. Perhaps you simply do not know any different right now, and that's fine. If you're flying overwater, no matter what your glide distance is if you're far out over the ocean you're going to land in the water. And remember, NO WIND the glide distance is 78 nm. A 100 knot headwind is not unheard of at 27,000 feet. Your 78 nm number just went down the toilet. You can say you'd make a 180 degree turn and take advantage of the tailwind. Fine, but what will that turn do to your glide distance? Think of the loss of lift as you make the 180.
GVJeff said:
All I am saying here is remember one engine is one engine. You may have 35,000 hours on the PT-6 at your company but one engine fails (and as you are aware, it HAS happened in the PC-12 series aircraft), and it could get ugly...

Jeff

With all due respect...I don't do AR's. I especially don’t do them now that I have been thru Survival Systems training. Makes you think. I'll trade the one min. turn for a 100kt. tailwind. My logic is the if the engine goes, I'll deal with it. If the wing falls off, I'll deal with it. There are critical time were if something goes wrong we are all screwed, one engein, eight engines, whatever. I believe in the airframe and engine. Our maintenance department and our pilots are on the ball. We understand the risk.

Last edited:
The responses in this thread are very segregated. Newbies with PC-12 enthusiasm, and the wise old pelicans who know better. Wisdom is being dispensed, don't pass it up.

Can't wait until the VLJ's hit the market, this board is going to be a riot:)

Hey, if you have a G-V I can jump into, great. I am just saying I like the aircraft and like my company. If I wanted multi/poly-engine time and make no money I would be at NJ. This is a job. Not the ME time game.

Last edited:
cezzna said:
The responses in this thread are very segregated. Newbies with PC-12 enthusiasm, and the wise old pelicans who know better. Wisdom is being dispensed, don't pass it up.

Newbies? How long have you worked here? Do you know any of the retired/furloughed airline pilots that work here? Experience and wisdom are one thing, but risk management is another. And yes, we all can get along. :cool:

Last edited:
depends also....

cezzna said:

Depends too on who's buying it and paying for the gas. I'd fly a KA-350 if someone else paid for it. No question.

As far as the VLJ's....for the dollar...I'd rather own a new Eclipse than a used PC12.

Latest resources

Back