• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey, i didn't ask to come here, and no 'one' is keeping me here, but i'm stuck because of financial issues among others, i would leave if there were someplace i could go and not go bankrupt even faster than i am here...
but i'm stuck here for now, and just wanna come in, do my job and go the heII home...

its funny how some of you guys defend pdt(not all mind you, i do consider a number of pdt guys that i know a friend), and how in the past the pilot group, and the union just rolled over and let mgmt enact all those rediculous provisions and letters...
what? did they have pictures of y'all with a goat or something? (not you wsurf or dc8 specifically, just a general statement)
for the most part, most of you don't realize it because all you've known is pdt, yes theres plenty of worse places to work at, but were coming from a different perspective, we've seen how a dash operation can be run
hopefully we can get some more of our guys in the union so it might actually grow a backbone and standup to mgmt....
200 some odd outstanding greivances??? i mean come on....

i really don't want to start a pissing match, were all stuck together, and need to fight mgmt not each other, just remember that the alg guys are bringing a different perspective on things, use our knowledge and tenacity to benefit the pilot group and try to make our lives better while we're here

Last edited:
Dash8 I can agree with that! I just had a problem with you coming on here and bashing your own company! Let other people do that!!! LOL If you have been at PDT for a long time I can understand your pain. I feel sorry for all the new FO's that will never experince the fun of working here. The days when we were up to 60 Dash8's KeyWest overnights! Crews all over at the same hotels! Everyone was happy to be at work! Dash 8/300 were coming in. Its hard to have worked here when this was the Number 1 place to work. Now the only people we can get are 500hr pilots.
I don't think we will ever see those days again. And after 2008 we just might be gone for good anyway. But I try to stay postive and come to work and do the best I can. I think thats all we can do! It would be nice if we had our own control in terms of running this company, but we don't. Group does and look what they have done to what used to be the best regional airline.

WSurf said:
Dash8 I can agree with that! I just had a problem with you coming on here and bashing your own company! Let other people do that!!! LOL If you have been at PDT for a long time I can understand your pain. I feel sorry for all the new FO's that will never experince the fun of working here. The days when we were up to 60 Dash8's KeyWest overnights! Crews all over at the same hotels! Everyone was happy to be at work! Dash 8/300 were coming in. Its hard to have worked here when this was the Number 1 place to work. Now the only people we can get are 500hr pilots.
I don't think we will ever see those days again. And after 2008 we just might be gone for good anyway. But I try to stay postive and come to work and do the best I can. I think thats all we can do! It would be nice if we had our own control in terms of running this company, but we don't. Group does and look what they have done to what used to be the best regional airline.

fair enough wsurf, but, i have a question here, for a long time we at alg have been hearing about how great pdt is from y'all, and how great the contract is...
well, we're all here now, and with the exception of a couple of small things.....pdt is worse than alg was in most every respect....it seems like the pilot group and union just rolled over and let mgmt enact all those rediculous amendments and rules, and that junior guys are systematically screwed (no reserve lines published prior to completion bid, no differential pay for 300, no pay for reserve days not worked that would take you over guarantee just to name a few) i'm not that junior, but i still see how crappy that is
don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming you or anyone else specifically, just pointing out some of the deficiencies to the 'pdt is/was the best place to work'
and alg certainly wasn't a day at the fair either, we had our own issues for sure

Well..ALG is NO LONGER .. SO I would suggest that your time would be better spent trying to fix the company that you now work for..and be grateful that you have a job at all..like the rest of us trailing edge of technology Dash Trash types.. ALG MEC did give up YOUR rights to a hard fought contract..nothing is worse than that ...PERIOD..We all suck in different ways..now is the time to at least present a common front to get things changed for the better..We are all at PDT now ..as unfortunate as that is..So lets make the best of a difficult situation.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back