Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boredtodeath,

You need to wake up!

"Its because you know Nobody wants you and the other "Contract Carriers" Here. You don't belong and I think soon we will see the contracting of Group flying put to an end."

1. "Nobody wants you" U group wants the contract carriers.

2. Contract carriers are here to stay at U and at all carriers. This is a business, and it makes sense to diversify. (see Delta/Comar/ASA/Skywest) This will be the way of the future. Never will all the flying be done under one express group at U so wake up. There is no incentive for U to do so. It suscks, but it is life, deal with it and move on.

3. Is your MEC (at PSA) a pilot? If so he is a WHORE (by your defination). Who's fault is it you don't have voting rights? You voted in the MEC right? If you don't like what he is doing, replace him! Stop acting tough while you cave in and sellout PDT and ALG.

4. Mesa's contract is 6 years old and is in negotiations. Very soon, a Mesa pilot will ask you to post your contract so we can all have a laugh. Plus I have seen PSA's contract and as is now (before concessions) it sucks bad. I don't know how you guys think you have the right to make fun of anyone. The fact that you have never even seen the Mesa contract shows what an a** you are. Shooting off your mouth without even knowing the facts. Typical! -Bean

Oh how cute, China Geek has a friend!

Welcome to the party BeanTool,

You are soo mistaken dude. Look at where Big Dave came from. If you don't think Airways will soon ressemble CO and COEX, your living with blinders on. If i'm correct there is only one or two other companys doing COEX flying, Gulfscum(aka Gulfstream International Airlines) and someone else doing I think essentional air service and thats IT!

Further more in the new TA ratified by the ML the J4J deal will merge the partisipating WO while stapling us to the MAA sen. list. Not what I really want but thats the way it is. All new aircraft WILL go to the WO and MAA. And over time you will see the end of Contract Flying.

**Is your MEC (at PSA) a pilot? If so he is a WHORE (by your defination). Who's fault is it you don't have voting rights? You voted in the MEC right? If you don't like what he is doing, replace him! Stop acting tough while you cave in and sellout PDT and ALG. **

You kids really like this "by your own definition" thing Uh? A few points you are right about is our MEC has acted in a way that many of us did not understand, but now that I take a look back maybe he did what he felt was right. When your told there will be no more turbo prop flying, its time to play ball. And seeing that PDT followed right behind us, well it looks to me that maybe we're on the right track. Only time will tell. The "pilots" here though have a very strong solidarity with our WO counterparts. Hopefully my brothers and sisters at ALG will also pull through. As far as replacing the MEC, well what good what it do? When crap gets signed there's no "Do Overs".

**4. Mesa's contract is 6 years old and is in negotiations. Very soon, a Mesa pilot will ask you to post your contract so we can all have a laugh. Plus I have seen PSA's contract and as is now (before concessions) it sucks bad. I don't know how you guys think you have the right to make fun of anyone. The fact that you have never even seen the Mesa contract shows what an a** you are. Shooting off your mouth without even knowing the facts. Typical! -Bean**

It sucks but I would'nt go as far as to say it "Sucks Bad". A 1 - 2 year FO can easilly make into the $30,000.00 dollar range. And considering that this has been some peoples first airline job that aint to bad. Block or Better, 100% cancellation, and each line must at least have two periods of 3 days of in row. My lines for the past 7 months have been 4 On 3 Off. Oh did I mention you get full pay with per diem and hotel covered from day one. Look to see what some others pay during training, not much.

To be honest I could care less about whatever contract Mesa does or does'nt have. And if you read my post I did admit to not seeing it. The point of this whole thing is everyone is watching what will happen with the WO's and saying we did this or we sold out. And I'm saying if US Airways Group had made US Airways Mgt. keep all the flying in house with no contract carriers maybe the WO would'nt feel like they have to take crapy contracts just to keep working. Regardless if you like it or not if there was no contracting of Group flying the WO's would NOT be in this situation.

Its funny that you mentioned the Delta thing too. Go to all those disscusions and replace Delta with US Airways, Comair and ASA with PDT, ALG, and PSA. And ACA, Skywest, and some others with MESA, CHQ, Shuttle America, Air Midwest, CC Air, TSA, and all the rest. You'll find the same thing applies.

I understand your anger guys, its not easy knowing that an entire group of pilots can't stand you. Aside from the few here and there. Let me change this cause its getting to personal, and that was not my intent. We can't stand your "companys" flying under the US Airways Express colors.

Last edited:
I'm not going to dive into a US Airways debate, but since my company was brought up...

BoredToDeath said:
If i'm correct there is only one or two other companys doing COEX flying, Gulfscum(aka Gulfstream International Airlines) and someone else doing I think essentional {sic} air service and thats IT!

That'd be CommutAir, and aside from one city (Saranac Lake, NY), none of our flying is essential air service routes. We're doing regional service throughout the northeast, with most of our operation hubbing in Albany, NY. We also don't do Continental Express flying; we're an independent company operating as a codeshare partner with Continental Airlines, not Express. We don't deal with Express at all, unless they happen to do the ground support at a city we serve. We don't compete with them on routes, and we don't service their hubs.

Take a look at our route map if you're curious:
http://www.commutair.com/routemap.html

And unlike the other Continental affiliate you mentioned, we pay our first officers, not the other way around. :D

Good question considering...

USAirways filed for CH.11. Sunday (8-11)
Rumor has it that U will furlough 1000 more pilots.

Last edited:
CA 1900,

Thanks for the info and I'm glad that your company at least pays its FOs

Cropduster,

Some say merge PDT, ALG, and PSA by Date Of Hire then staple to the ML list. Which I think would be very unfair to the many 15 plus year people at these three companys and overly fair to the most junior ML pilot.

My way would be this. For this I'll use fake dates as an example since I don't know the specifics. Lets say PSA was bought by US Airways Group on 01/01/90. This is technically the first day PSA and the employees became US Airways Group pilots. So everyone on that list on that date gets 01/01/90 as their new date of hire. A staple. Now lets say PSA only hired 100 people from 01/02/90 to Now. Those persons Date Of Hire with PSA would become their Date Of Hire with US Airways Group. The same would stand for ALG and PDT.

Sort of like going back in time and doing the staple but for only those pilots that are currently on the list TODAY. Not perfect but I think it could work, since this is what I belive should have been done in the first place. Just a thought.

stb,

Now it gets interesting. I really don't want to see anymore ML pilots on the street.

Hud,

Please read the rest of that sentence this is what it says:

(**Let me change this cause its getting to personal, and that was not my intent. We can't stand your "companys" flying under the US Airways Express colors.**)

I am pissed at your "companys" our "Mgt." not your "pilots" and I will appologize now for the name calling that I have done. It is uncalled for.

Are your meds off?

Geez, now that USAir has bitten the big #11, I wonder if contract carriers that provide cash flow for little cash investment, are still pariahs?. How ironic? The wholly-owned paychcks bing paid for by ill-gotten gain? Supported by the whoring of others? Does that make them pimps?... Seriously, the future looks bleak for ANYONE associated with USAir including my own, but I will not lash out like some simpleton with my panties in a bunch. Blame is easily placed for the enlightened. The downfall of U has had it roots deeply planted for decades. It has been no great secret that they were the gang that coulnd't shoot straight. Leaving California, the ONLY airline to shrink in the 90's and a route structure too short to spread costs around can only last so long. The laws of economics are no less unforgiving than the laws of gravity. Mismanagment leads the way, I hope the plan to turn things around gets some legs. I have been throught this stuff before(PAA family) and have been around dozens of people who were mad at the changes that we sure to come. Some still are, nearly 11 years later. From experince I can say; Adjust to the new realities, do the best you can for you and your family, maintain your dignity knowing you did your best. Its advice most will take. A few other youg and uneducated buffons will demonstraight to us all, that a law for being uninformed, rude, and ignorant about the most basic things in life, is long overdue. Peace....

**The wholly-owned paychcks bing paid for by ill-gotten gain? Supported by the whoring of others? **

In no way shape or form does Mesa pay for the Groups Paycheck. How in the world did you figure that one out.

**. A few other youg and uneducated buffons will demonstraight to us all, that a law for being uninformed, rude, and ignorant about the most basic things in life, is long overdue. Peace...**

Dude, stop letting the whole "I come from the PAA family" thing get to your head. Seriously, it makes you no smarter than me, so get of the high horse. As long as Mesa and other contract carriers continue to fly US Airways Group flying, you will always be part of problem. Not the solution. Peace to yourself!

Latest resources

Back