• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I know, they need pilots across the board. I talked to an ALPA rep who said LGA recently filled up...anyone hear this or something contrary?

I also got the feeling that MDT is particularly low on pilots and I think the class that just started might be going there. I'll have to ask them what they heard when I see them around the training center.

I just want to get SYR. With my high seniority in the class, I'm hoping my chances will be good, but we'll have to see what happens when are base awards are given to us in august.

LGA will have 3 buildups and 4-5 straight reserves in August. Veeeeery little open time. Probably no new hires next bid. Two guys may be leaving soon. Christ, they shouldn't park another plane, just give it to us up here...... and keep doing the PIT runs.

I'm not based in ROA, but if you are on reserve in any base it will be 10 days off per month with 6 day reserve stretches. (sometimes less than 6 days in a row where it is needed to fit your 10 days off and the 4 off days in a row they are required to give you.)

As a build up or bottom line holder you looking at about 12 days off.

edit: oh yeah, forgot to add that on a reserve day you are on call from 0500-1900. Enjoy.

If you are "on call" for the 6 days, how much flying do you acctually have to do? I know they are short handed... Have you ever spent any amout of that time sitting at home while "On call". I assume once you get the first leg in the 6day stretch, even if they dont need you for the other 5 days, you will sit at a hotel as on call? Or do you commute back to base to do it again the next day?

Of course, all this being said, i'm counting on 6 long days...

These days, you will fly pretty much every day. There is usually not evough time off between reserve periods to commute home.

Not sure what you mean by sitting in a hotel... When you are done, they will return you to your domicile to await your next assignment. It is up to you where you stay in your base... Be it a hotel, house or crashpad.

If you are "on call" for the 6 days, how much flying do you acctually have to do? I know they are short handed... Have you ever spent any amout of that time sitting at home while "On call". I assume once you get the first leg in the 6day stretch, even if they dont need you for the other 5 days, you will sit at a hotel as on call? Or do you commute back to base to do it again the next day?

It's been over a year since I've been on reserve, but I'm sure with the current situation you will be working almost every reserve day you have.

When I first started there were occasionally 5-6 day stretches where I would fly once or not at all. I wouldn't count on that happening now.

You don't sit on call at a hotel. You are on call when you are in base and have not been assigend a trip. The end of the trip will always end up back in base. After that you will either be assigned another trip or will be on call the next day.

You have to check in with scheduling the night prior to the first day of the reserve stretch, but after that you don't have to talk to them untill they call you.

There is more to it, but I don't want to get into too much detail.

Last edited:

When I was on reserve a few months ago, they flew me every day til I hit 30-in-7, and then I still had to sit reserve in case they needed a ferry pilot to fly a part91 ferry or something. Basically, expect to be in base for 6 days, then 2 off, then 6 more on...but you shouldn't be on reserve too long I wouldn't think

Latest resources

Back