Piedmont Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daviator28621

Can anyone tell me what the schedules are like for new guys , reserve as well as line holders in Roanoke Crew base.

DON'T just say they suck!!!!!

Please give me the details so I can know a little better what to expect.

Things like duty times, days you work in a row, where you will overnight most of the time etc...

An actual schedule would be nice to see.

Thank you in advance for mature helpful answers.

David

I'm not based in ROA, but if you are on reserve in any base it will be 10 days off per month with 6 day reserve stretches. (sometimes less than 6 days in a row where it is needed to fit your 10 days off and the 4 off days in a row they are required to give you.)

As a build up or bottom line holder you looking at about 12 days off.

edit: oh yeah, forgot to add that on a reserve day you are on call from 0500-1900. Enjoy.

Pretty much as stated above, you get 10 days off a month and inside your 10 days off you get 4 golden days where scheduling can not junior man you. Six days of reserve is normal with about 1 or 2 days off after that stretch. While on a six day stretch they have to give you 10 hours of in-base rest before sending you out on day 6. Also, while on reserve your going to be covering flying in all bases so if your based in EWN you could easily be working a 4-day trip with a SYR crew. After you get enough senority you can move up to a build-up line then a hard line. Once you get one of these your QOL will get better as you have a couple more days off a month and you have a better idea of what your schedule is going to be.

Are there actually people sitting reserve for longer than a month at PDT? I did 3 days of reserve in my career there...

DON'T just say they suck!!!!!

O.k.- I won't say it. The truth-- you say you want the truth-- you can't handle the truth.

Are there actually people sitting reserve for longer than a month at PDT? I did 3 days of reserve in my career there...
I sat reserve for just over a year in EWN last year. I think the few guys under me will be on reserve for a while too, but maybe not as long as I did.

Things like duty times, days you work in a row, where you will overnight most of the time etc...

They are limited to scheduling a 14 hour duty day, once it is scheduled to fit in a 14 hour day, it may run over to a 15.5 hour duty day for maintenance, weather, etc. They are abusing this section of the contract (among others) with vigor right now to try to make up for the short staffing situation. Expect to see plenty of 12-13 hour days and know your contract.

They are limited to scheduling a 14 hour duty day, once it is scheduled to fit in a 14 hour day, it may run over to a 15.5 hour duty day for maintenance, weather, etc. They are abusing this section of the contract (among others) with vigor right now to try to make up for the short staffing situation. Expect to see plenty of 12-13 hour days and know your contract.

Yes! Know your contract! Make sure you asked either your Captain or a senior FO if you think what they are doing isn't right (Probably isn't)! We have a bunch of new people in that Dept. they don't know the contract either!
I have flown with many FO's that had there days rescheduled with less then 9 hrs of rest!

Remember, if they reschedule you...... You have got to be scheduled 9 hours of rest!! (which if the plane is late or weather, it can be reduced) I have seen this a bunch while trying to short turn people for only 8.5hrs of rest!

Good Luck :-0

During the 10 days off, am I on call for 6 of them?

While on reserve I can be anywhere for the 4-6 days if I understand you correctly?

Once I hold a line will I be back in base most every night?

Sorry for all the probably dumb questions, I'm just trying to understand how the schedule works.

I envisioned 4 on, 3 off, 5 on 2 off, or something like this.

Thanks

Every new guy I see, the first thing I do is introduce myself, then ask if I may see their crew card. (New guys are easily distinguished by the bellman's outfit this company is going to, as well as the temp ID since Tempe has their head in the sand about getting permanent ones out.)

Just about every one I see is borderline illegal by having a show time 2 hours after departure and a 14 hour day. I've also been hearing about pilots not having a hotel room booked on a 9 hour overnight, and then spending 3 hours of that waiting on scheduling to find a hotel, then another hour at least getting to the new hotel.

As far as lines go, forget about commuting. Early reports, late finish times.

Individual pairings are as unproductive as they could possibly be. 15 hour 4 day trips are not uncommon.

I got rescheduled a few trips ago ending up with a 31 hour 4 day and a junior man extension on top. That was actually a good trip. If they would build 4 days similar to that, we wouldn't be as short as we are.

Side note.. Our chief pilot can't understand why pilots are complaining about being flogged. He thinks things are fine and dandy, and that no one is fatigued.

He just doesn't get it....

Stay as far away from this place as possible!

Latest resources

Back