Piedmont Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig said:
I enjoy flying with and talking to you guys, I absolutely love the wheel you brought over, hope you enjoy flying south... but I'd give you a box of juice and turn off the hot mic so you could get a nap.

Yup, I played the hot mic card!
... dang inverters... SBY pumps...

some of your guys i've flown with i've enjoyed working with as well, some, well there were issues...

the hot mic thing,
as far as i'm concerned thats a safety issue, bordering on a serious one...
imho its crazy not to use the intercom, and theres been a few times i've almost had incidents because the captains refused to use the intercom
i should have sent in asap reports, and most definately will in the future, not that i expect to fly with any in the near future

btw i don't touch the inverters or pumps, don't see any need to :cool:

LearLove said:
whats the deal with the inverters and pumps?

heya bro, whats up? long time....

well at pdt, they leave the pumps on all the time (along with the flaps at 5) which i don't see why it should be an issue, but apparantely some alg guys are turning them off along with the inverters, ya got me on those, i never touch em

I think its a good idea to leave the pumps on. I almost parked 829 nose first in the terminal at HPN my first month as a Capt because of those things and or the FO that didn't turn them on. I also though the PDT way of setting the flaps at 5 after landing was good also. One less thing to do after start.

bet your happy being based at home again. I really miss flying with you guys. MDA is great (current events aside of course) but since I hardly ever fly I never get to know anyone outside of the CEL guys from ALG. Its not like SYR where we would all hangout.

It looks like PDT is going to shut us MDA/CEL guys from comming back to PDT. They sent furlough letters out to the bottom 15 guys last week for Oct 15.

Management then called thoes 15 guys and offered them a J4J class and told them if they did not accept the offer they were off the list for good. From what I hear all 15 said no, they are really trying to make us fill thoes classes. The problem is that there are too many questions as to what our status becomes if we take a j4j depending on several outcomes. One answer then brings up several other qustions. Its just a big mess and we are stuck in it. Management and rep just want us to blindly accept the offer without any info. Doesn't sound good to me. In the end its going to be the MDA/CEL guys that get the biggest shaft. If they do another round of furloughs I'm gonna get the ax too along with most of the other old SYR guys.

Dash8 said:
heya bro, whats up? long time....

well at pdt, they leave the pumps on all the time (along with the flaps at 5) which i don't see why it should be an issue, but apparantely some alg guys are turning them off along with the inverters, ya got me on those, i never touch em

Why in the world would you turn off either the pumps or the inverters. It does the systems no harm leaving them on and only adds to the workload having to turn them on after every engine start.

If that was ALG SOP then no biggie, I understand unlearning old habbits, but if guys are doing it just because "they know better" that could be an issue.

Hot mic thing, simple solution SPEAK UP AND STOP MUMBLING. The Dash isn't that loud, or I have/had superman hearing, I couldn't stand it when captains would sit over there and mumble. Speak up soney.

Dash8 said:
some of your guys i've flown with i've enjoyed working with as well, some, well there were issues...

the hot mic thing,
as far as i'm concerned thats a safety issue, bordering on a serious one...
imho its crazy not to use the intercom, and theres been a few times i've almost had incidents because the captains refused to use the intercom
i should have sent in asap reports, and most definately will in the future, not that i expect to fly with any in the near future

btw i don't touch the inverters or pumps, don't see any need to :cool:

I'm only giving you a ration of crap about the whole thing because some folks find it life/death-- or even have NO clue why all the pretty red flags are everywhere 5 mins after APU fire up. Heck, apparently if you don't wear a hat in the terminal, planes crash or god kills a kitten or something.

Things look better every day here. Couldn't imagine coming from a place where you can nail a 200 hour month, schedulers TRUST you, a day off is okay if you need it... or maybe is was nailing 200 trusting schedulers in an hour on your day off? Sounded better than here either way.

Sig said:
Heck, apparently if you don't wear a hat in the terminal, planes crash or god kills a kitten or something.
no, i think thats everytime you masturbate 'god' kills a domo-kun, cause i already finished off all the kittens lol

no hats and no tie make 'hey buddy' something something

Sig said:
Things look better every day here. Couldn't imagine coming from a place where you can nail a 200 hour month, schedulers TRUST you, a day off is okay if you need it... or maybe is was nailing 200 trusting schedulers in an hour on your day off? Sounded better than here either way.
well i dunno if it was quite that good, either theory...:D
the schedulers (some at least) were pretty good, they'd still screw you when they had to, but it wasn't usually personal, and the good ones would try to help you if they could,

LearLove said:
I think its a good idea to leave the pumps on. I almost parked 829 nose first in the terminal at HPN my first month as a Capt because of those things and or the FO that didn't turn them on. I also though the PDT way of setting the flaps at 5 after landing was good also. One less thing to do after start.
yeah, wish they'd leave the friggin ac gens on, thats a stupid one they actually do have turn off and on ever leg, they leave everything else on except those

i dunno what the story is with flowback, my understanding was that there was some discussoin of flowback when furloughed and open positions available, but i'm not sure if it was signed off on back when the original flow was settled, so fraid i can't help ya there, i'll ask around and see what the mec might be thinking in that regard
and your surprised that mgmt would pull those kinds of tactics on ya? pdt does the same thing, the chicken little sky is falling you better do this before we have to do it for you thing, then it never happens, they try to scare/sucker people into doing what they want you to so they don't have to do it (especially when it comes to pay, like base closing/relocation stuff)

Dash8 said:

ROFLMAO! The. Best. CP. Post. Ever.

Latest resources

Back