Piedmont Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks PA31Ho.
I plan to apply in January with some better TT/ME.
Does the ATP 121 written help me at all?

I live very near LGA too. Like 15 mins., and I would be more than happy to take that too!!!:D

All of the low-time guys I know hired had the ATP written, so while I don't know one way or another, I'd hazard to say it certainly won't hurt!

Go ahead and drop your stuff in now and keep updating it as you build experience; you never know what might happen!

Dash8 said:
yeah, but the lavwall has devolved into an almost rediculous mudslinging free for all, its funny how vocal they become when they don't have to identify themselves (orig pdt guys) when most of them won't hardly say 'boo' to you when you walk by them, or you swap planes with them

but then i guess that would make sense, antisocial behavior, just the two extremes, one accountable (don't talk to anyone on the ramp), and one not(openly criticize and slander people by name anonymously on lavwall)....

Holy crap! How much Kleenex do you go through on an 8 leg day, Weepy? Look- we don't know you, we assume you're in a special version of he!! (clue: your profile) here at PDT, and we frankly don't have any real reason to chitty-chat and make warm fuzzies when we're swapping back into our originator in a 20 minute turn. Suck it up, Francis. You're a little thin-skinned.

I enjoy flying with and talking to you guys, I absolutely love the wheel you brought over, hope you enjoy flying south... but I'd give you a box of juice and turn off the hot mic so you could get a nap.

Yup, I played the hot mic card!
... dang inverters... SBY pumps...

What is the word on Q-400's being a possibility over there? I know Airways wants to up the ante with 70-90 seaters, seems like that would be a good fit.

PA31Ho said:
DC8 Flyer:

Why do you say that?

2 words: Pamlico County

True definition of "Red Neck". You wont find a larger per capita population of Ford Ranger size trucks with huge lift kits and big mudding tires anywhere in the country and a lot of primer grey collered 1985 T-Birds and Cameros.

Of course if you are into that sort of thing you will fit right in!

get involved

Sig said:
Holy crap! How much Kleenex do you go through on an 8 leg day, Weepy? Look- we don't know you, we assume you're in a special version of he!! (clue: your profile) here at PDT, and we frankly don't have any real reason to chitty-chat and make warm fuzzies when we're swapping back into our originator in a 20 minute turn. Suck it up, Francis. You're a little thin-skinned.

I enjoy flying with and talking to you guys, I absolutely love the wheel you brought over, hope you enjoy flying south... but I'd give you a box of juice and turn off the hot mic so you could get a nap.

Yup, I played the hot mic card!
... dang inverters... SBY pumps...

not thin skinned, in general, i could frankly give a rats ass what y'all do
i was just makin an observation on the cultural differences between alg/pdt as evidenced by the petty bickering on lavwall, and general interactions
the point being were all in this mess together now, and its this attitude above thats so fractionalized the workgroup at pdt that the mec had been largely innefective in the past, no one would stand/work together, so some unscrupulous people were placed into various positions of power by a small motivated minority
I knew a handful of pdt guys prior to us going our separate ways from out last job together, and they were good eggs, i know most of the guys here are, they've just become even more apathetic than i am, until we get everyone motivated nothing of any consequence will get accomplished.

y'all kill me with your vehement defense of pdt, yet the actions of the group (or lack there of) speaks volumes :rolleyes: to the opposite...

i'm not attacking you, i don't know you, just like you don't know me (most likely) just giving my honest assesment (sorry i know its a touchy word with you guys, but can't think of a better term) of the situation at pdt
for all our sakes i hope it gets better, and will try to do my part to help

Latest resources

Back