Piedmont Pilots - final awards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
buzzoffyou said:
Word from the training dep, is that they were going to rev up newhire and upgrades classes for PHX flying. But, when Mesa heard this, they reminded AWA that Mesa holds all the rights for any connecting flights for AWA in and out of PHX till 2007. So Nov and Dec newhire classes were CNX and Dec upgrade class was CNX. Newhire and upgrade class should start in Jan.

mesa having a contract monopoly on all feed lift into phx is right, but the same does NOT hold true for LAS, so start savin up your change for the onearmed bandits

In harrisburg a few weeks ago I saw a dash next to the MX hangar with tailnumber XXXAW? Old air wisky dash? And I second your desire to see the planes in new paint jobs, even though the new paint job isnt going to cool them down like everyone says it is. Well at least not dramatically. I guess every little bit might help. Your still going to sweat balls on the ramp in CLT in the summer no matter how white that new paint is. They shoud go and put that revamped front gasper deal in all of them. Its no fun to swap into one thats just got the floor level vents, trying to wedge some dixie cup down there.
Hopefully they will actually do it right and strip the entire thing and not just end up painting over some of what remains. I think the last time some of them were painted they didn't even bother to re-weigh some of 'em for a while. Well at least thats just something I heard from some captain, who heard from the janitor, who heard from his mothers second cousin, so its got to be true.

that plane in harrsiburg is an old airwhiskey plane we flew, it was taken out of service and supposedly sent out to the desert to shade some dirt, but its been in mdt for some time know, no idea what the status of it is, coming or going...

ive heard zero talk of west coast bases. Only mention of it was on this site I believe. I doubt even if that was to happen it wouldn't for some time. I can just hear the junior man/ check out message call now for a 7 leg dead head out of the east coast to the west coast to fly one leg, then get in the back as some other FO gets to fly the return leg, then dead head back 8 or 9 legs to get home. Hey its happened to me a bunch of times. Gotta wonder whats going on up in SBY sometimes? The crew skeds job of coordinating this stuff must be harder than it appears to me, theres got to be more to it than meets the eye. Because some of the desicions just dont make any sense at the time. Am I missing something?

Did a bunch of schedulers (or any) come over from ALG? Anyone know the mix of skeds and dispatchers that made it over?

buzzoffyou said:
Word from the training dep, is that they were going to rev up newhire and upgrades classes for PHX flying. But, when Mesa heard this, they reminded AWA that Mesa holds all the rights for any connecting flights for AWA in and out of PHX till 2007. So Nov and Dec newhire classes were CNX and Dec upgrade class was CNX. Newhire and upgrade class should start in Jan.

hard to think that AW forgot that they had a contract with mesa. another good rumor though. I'll go ahead and start spreading this one, and that one about the 10-12 new(old) 200s that will be on-line soon.

Latest resources

Back