Piedmont Pilots - final awards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crew sked's....

Crew schedulers---Veronica is my favorite. "hold on baby, hold on baby, wait a minute ,hold on im pulling it up right now, hold on hold on hold on, ok, wait a sec"....and that was only after i only had spoken one sentence "hello this is ____"....But no, I really do like her the most for some reason.

And don't try and get into some huge argument with them or loretta or whoever. Your not going to win whatever battle your trying to fight with them during that particular phone conversation. If your being asked to do something thats way out of the question with regards to FAR's, contract, etc, then ok thats different. Ive heard some people really fly off the handle at them for what amounted to nothing. Maybe you can take it to another level later on and win the war, but just start off and be courteous, polite, etc.

Once I got a call from Penny about something she needed me to do that was quite a bit out of my way at the time, im not going to go into the whole story. She told me "thank you so much for the way your handling this, etc, we've been cursed out over the phone for a lot less". I know everyone says theres no reason to do them any favors because they will never remember or get you back at a later date, and maybe for some of the schedulers thats true. But you never know, you might be presently suprised one day. I was.

Don't believe every single thing some other pilot at this company tells you. Chances are he/she is only saying that because he heard it from this guy, who said he heard someone telling a story about what he thinks might have happened, etc. Leave some room to form your own opinions about certain things, not just letting someone else make them for you. You ever remember that game back in grade school, telephone. Where you whisper something in someones ear and have it passed down the line and when it gets to the end its nothing like it started as. Happens a lot here and everywhere else.

Last edited:
JohnnyP:

You're right, Veronica is something else. Barry White meets Aunt Jemima! I always chuckle when she picks up the phone. "Hold on Honey!"

The rest of your post is right on the money. Treat people right and generally it will help you down the road.

First Mate:

You mean I wasn't the only one? :(

So whats the deal, are we parking airplanes or pulling some back into the fleet? I would tend to lean towards we are parking them because of the upcoming Nov/Dec classes being supposedly cancelled? From what I can see the training department is not backed up. Alg's guys are done and no one is upgrading. All thats left is the weekely CQ stuff and the last new hire bunch thats going through as we speak. One of the days I was down there a few weeks ago the sim was free for an entire day I believe, and I dont think it was for MX.

Hard to say. I haven't heard we are parking airplanes. The only things I have heard (from training folks) is that we are pulling two airframes out of long term storage. That won't be a net increase in flying because we will have one airplane in heavy check and at least one in the paint shop (about time!) per month starting in January.

I wonder where we are getting the airplanes painted. Sounds like someone is going to spend some time in Clarksburg WV, Greenville MS or Mena AR. Those are the airline capable paint shops I know about anyway.

Word from the training dep, is that they were going to rev up newhire and upgrades classes for PHX flying. But, when Mesa heard this, they reminded AWA that Mesa holds all the rights for any connecting flights for AWA in and out of PHX till 2007. So Nov and Dec newhire classes were CNX and Dec upgrade class was CNX. Newhire and upgrade class should start in Jan.

Latest resources

Back