• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Pilots - final awards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well dunno if that would be the case, i wouldn't put it past them although they wouldn't have a leg to stand on because the contract clearly states 1hour, but thats the real point of my advice...don't circumvent or undermine the contract provisions...you start showin up in less than an hour when requested, and others too, soon the company has 'past practice' to try to get the call out times reduced, we already have a fight going on over the 1.5 hour call out in lga not being long enough, so thats really what i was gettin at, was giving mgmt ammunition against the contract

Sitting reserve in CLT? Wow. Watch out for that Jamba Juice in CLT, the stuff is like crack, pretty soon you'll be borrowing money from capts to get your fix. Anyway, like they were saying... I can tell you from personal experience that they will try to get you out to the airport in less than an hour, or call you before your duty time starts. They sweet talk you when they need something, but I guarantee you they won't repay the favor. Have fun out there.

don't mean to jack the tread..... but what are the upgrade times running at Piedmont right now? and how long are guys sitting reserve?

Thanks

Upgrade? Is that where you get to go back to training and sit in the other seat when you finish?

I don't think we have that at Piedmont anymore.

Reserve time will vary with your base. I would guess around 6 months or so. Could be less, could be more.

What's the reserve call out time?
Can someone list bases in their order of seniority, please?
I heard MDT and CLT are pretty senior, not so much with SYR and EWN.

PA31Ho said:
i'll keep that in mind.. so if i tell them that i'll be there in 20 minutes, then they'll hold me to that and i'll get in trouble if i sign in in an hour? pretty crappy of that

No, you won't get in trouble for that. Still, as Dash8 said, it would be better not to tell them when you expect to arrive at the airport. A simple "I'll do the best I can" will suffice.

ceo-on-the-sofa:

As far as call out goes, it is 60 minutes. I haven't analyzed the FO manning list in quite some time, but I am told that MDT and CLT are tough to get into. SYR and SBY are probably easiest, with CHO, ROA and EWN next. LGA seems fairly junior as well.

Im bored so here it goes....for FOs....
Most junior line holder in -
CHO hired Nov. 04 (80 pilots below on list)
SBY hired Dec. 04 (76 pilots below on list, where I am...no movement)
ROA hired Nov. 04 (100 pilots below on list)
MDT hired Feb. 04 (53 pilots below in list, this base has about a 50/50 mix of very senior FOs and rather junior ones.)
LGA hired March 05 (41 pilots below on list)
ORF/PHF hired Aug. 04 (110 pilots below on list)
CLT hired April 04 (157 pilots below on list)
EWN hired Dec. 04 (71 pilots below on list)
SYR hired June 05 (30 pilots below on list)

....ok....hope this helps, price is right is coming on...later

I don't think there is a 'typical schedule' but like AirCannon04 said - price is right is coming on now... c ya

call out times are 1hr everywhere except lga where its 1.5hrs

base seniority is really up in the air, thats a good list that air cannon put up, but its subject to change without notice, particularly with the typical 'base realignment' threats

lowlypropcapt gave a great phrase to use "i'll do the best i can" thats probably the no1 answer you should give scheduling whenever they call you out and want you asap (ie, less than the contract mandated callout time for whatever base your in) either that or, "I'll be there in an hour" (1.5 if its lga obviously even if your in a crashpad, 10 walking minutes away)

This contract is all we have, learn the important parts of it so the schedulers can't push you around. If you can quote paragraph and page numbers to them, that often times seems to make them back down lol (haven't had to do it personally, but know those that have)

typical schedules? also in flux, at one time, lga had fairly decent trips, as did syr, but now both bases have gone to hell (meaning lots, and lots, and in the case of lga LOTS, of out-n-backs) I haven't gone thru the other bases lines too much, but they seem to be a little more stable.

price is right? whada y'all retired or something? last time i saw that, it was a bunch of crusty hags pawin' junk while bob barker prostelyzes about cuttin up your animals lol

unfortunately theres nothing on tv now for me to go watch, so instead i'll go kill me some nah-zees in Call of Duty

Latest resources

Back