Piedmont Pilots - final awards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PA31Ho said:
i have 800 hours and want to build time...

:rolleyes: why? planning on goin somewhere?
lol, building time pretty much means all of squat nowadays, with so many thousands of mainline guys on the street it will be a very, very long time before many of us see anything other than a regional (as far as 121 goes)

I've got places to go once I get about 1700... it's all about who you know

Last edited:
mesa? scabublic? fauxjets?

don't keep us in suspense son, we're old, can't take the strain lol

on a serious note, you realize it will take over a year most likely to build up that time, closer to 1.5 i would imagine, this job still going to be there then?

well there were only 4 people in my class.. one guy failed systems, the other guy was a previous captain who was coming back from medical leave. i am based at newbern but they are letting me sit in CLT since I live here and the other is in ROA

yea, quite nice if you ask me... they said as long as I call up a few days in advance of when my reserve days start, they can tell me if I can sit in CLT... they said they can get me somewhere just as easier (if not easier) from CLT (since I live there)... fine with me

lucky you, don't get used to it though, that sounds highly irregular for them, but hey enjoy it while you can

one thing, no matter what, no matter what they say/beg/promise, don't EVER, and i mean EVER tell them you'll be at the airport less than an hour from when they called you, even if you can get there, or do get there, don't ever tell them that you can, thats one of the most important contract parts for reserves and they'll try to sweettalk you in to showing up as soon as you can, which from your side will always be "i'll be there in an hour" capise?

sorry, didn't mean to sound like i was comin down on ya, just givin ya some hopefully helpful info

i'll keep that in mind.. so if i tell them that i'll be there in 20 minutes, then they'll hold me to that and i'll get in trouble if i sign in in an hour? pretty crappy of that

Latest resources

Back