Piedmont jumpseat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aveator

trying to jumpseat on Piedmont,,noticed we don`t have a recip agreement,,,can you jumpseat without agreement?

You work for Polar I am assuming? Polar appears on our list of recip carriers. Even if Polar were not on that list, I cannot imagine a Piedmont captain denying a JS to any 121 or 121 sup pilot... With the possible exception of HoJets (I am a former Waterskier, ya know).

At any rate, welcome aboard. Please be aware that if it gets close to full, we may have an issue with weight. Make sure the CA knows you are looking for a ride.

I cannot imagine a Piedmont captain denying a JS to any 121 or 121 sup pilot...

not trying to stir the pot, but I have never been allowed the jumpseat on Piedmont. Every time the captain has said no because I "do not work for a wholly-owned carrier". I am no the kind of person who across as a jerk or "tool", and present myself professionally in these situations. In the above cases, I worked for two different US Airways Express carriers. Neither was wholly owned. One time I was positive space and trying to free up room in the back on a full flight (not interfering with any commuters), and the captain still tried to leave me at the gate. I hope I just had bad luck. No other airline has ever even come close to treating me poorly.

So what your saying is that you are a "jerk and tool" but you just don't come across as one?

Just Kidding. Like all other airlines we have a few bad apples. I remember flying with them as a FO, they hate all the contract carriers, Colgan (looks like thats who you used to work for), Republic (Guess thats where you work now) Mesa especially and some still habor bad feelings for mainline pilots at US Airways etc. etc. Most of these a$$holes don't commute and they don't understand how important it is to some people.

But like LowlyProp said, if you are trying to ride on a full Dash 8 100's series you are screwed, unless there's like 4 kids in the back. This airplane is now only limited to about 34 peeps. So that could be part of the problem also.

However if its a Dash8 300 you shouldnt get denied. If you do then you need to get with Piedmonts jumpseat Cord. and they will straighten the dude out.

Sorry, and Good Luck

Last edited:
not trying to stir the pot, but I have never been allowed the jumpseat on Piedmont. Every time the captain has said no because I "do not work for a wholly-owned carrier". I am no the kind of person who across as a jerk or "tool", and present myself professionally in these situations. In the above cases, I worked for two different US Airways Express carriers. Neither was wholly owned. One time I was positive space and trying to free up room in the back on a full flight (not interfering with any commuters), and the captain still tried to leave me at the gate. I hope I just had bad luck. No other airline has ever even come close to treating me poorly.

Report it to your JS coordinator. That behavior has no place at ANY airline.

In over 8 years of employment here at PDT, I have never once seen a CA be rude to a jumpseater. Not once. I am not challenging the "truthyness" of your story, but I am guessing you have the bad luck of running into the very few d1ckheads we have running around this joint. Like 'Surf said... Everyone has a few.

When they increased the weight of the pax. The 100 model basically got restricted to 34 pax rendering 3 seats and the jump useless. To cary 37+ a jump you need to have several kids onboard.

or be light on the bags. Some airplanes are 150 lbs lighter than the heavy ones too. And if you talk to cappy, he may sneak you on if you plead your case and he's a commuter too (not that I've ever seen that :) ). The airplane can take 37 bodies easy. Caribbean Sun (am i right?) got them certified to do it, and that's in really hot weather...

Latest resources

Back