• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont jumpseat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not trying to stir the pot, but I have never been allowed the jumpseat on Piedmont. Every time the captain has said no because I "do not work for a wholly-owned carrier". I am no the kind of person who across as a jerk or "tool", and present myself professionally in these situations. In the above cases, I worked for two different US Airways Express carriers. Neither was wholly owned. One time I was positive space and trying to free up room in the back on a full flight (not interfering with any commuters), and the captain still tried to leave me at the gate. I hope I just had bad luck. No other airline has ever even come close to treating me poorly.

That was the policy management imposed on PDT before CASS. ( one had to be part of the wholly owneds or mainline) Now if you are CASS and the gate agent can verify it you are able to ride the cockpit jump seat with of course the Capt's consent.

LowlyProp Capt, I did know what your picture was until I got my Beer Mag this month. That's funny!

Last edited:
LowlyProp Capt, I did know what your picture was until I got my Beer Mag this month. That's funny!

...That guy is the BEST! When I go out, that is exactly how I want to go... In a Pabst Blue Ribbon casket!

Apparently, he uses it as a cooler at parties too. Classic. Absolutely classic.

The 100's became 34 seaters after the FAA's recalibration (i.e. USA is overrun with bigguns).

A perfect solution that I used to benefit JSers and non-revs was this: Get off my throne, walk the cabin, and personally provide a count and seat location of any passengers I deem well below 185 pounds. This included teenagers, elderly, spinners, anorexics, as well as non-bodatious hotties. Rinse, lather, and repeat till you get where you need to go, saving 110 pounds per by counting them as kids.

The gate agents are only allowed to count kids by age, while the pilot's POH provided the necessary captain's discretion.

Everybody wins, and please don't bring some "safety" flame.

you actually go back and count???

Yea, he used to work for the Circus. So I am sure the Feds would allow him to be qualified to look at people and guess their weights, but not us.

And where in the hell is that in the POH that allows us to guess weights? Just wanna make sure I can pull that out and explain it to the Feds when quesitoned?

I understand where you coming from and all, but this might be such a grey area that could come back and bite you in the a$$.

A perfect solution that I used to benefit JSers and non-revs was this: Get off my throne, walk the cabin, and personally provide a count and seat location of any passengers I deem well below 185 pounds. This included teenagers, elderly, spinners, anorexics, as well as non-bodatious hotties. Rinse, lather, and repeat till you get where you need to go, saving 110 pounds per by counting them as kids.

The gate agents are only allowed to count kids by age, while the pilot's POH provided the necessary captain's discretion.

That's complete news to me!

Folks might want to be careful about creative W&B. The company just spanked 2 pilots this week with remedial W&B training because of their creative calculations.

That's complete news to me!

Folks might want to be careful about creative W&B. The company just spanked 2 pilots this week with remedial W&B training because of their creative calculations.

Yea, and heard it was a EWN crew. And I heard The station ratted them out.

Maybe they shoulda used the "tweaker" defense.

PHL will rat you out as well. Happened to me. Avoided much trouble though...

I agree that little yellow slip of paper will hang your a$$ if you get too creative. If it don't jive with the stuff punched into the gate agents computer sum one might hang for it..... is it really worth losing your ticket over? Or getting a strike against you that you need to explain at your next interview?
Now and again I've played hide the carry on and have had the rampers so confused on counts that I've had to alter the bag count report to my liking..... but that's a different story...... alot of them rampers dont count so well knowhow anywhays and whatnot and sheet.....;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back