Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got Oct. 6th.
Do you unbutton your suit when you sit?
When you stand do you only button one button?

mu2 said:
I got Oct. 6th.

Mu, you gotta relax man. Pass the written, and if they like you, you're in. It is not a very demanding interview and it is pretty laid back. This may be hard to believe, but I got hired and I didn't even wear a red tie (gasp!), I got all crazy and had a blue one on with my grey (gasp again) not black suit!

Quack said:
Just heard from a close friend who had a line check recently that they just got the order by this time next year to have an additional 240 pilots on the property. Some of this will be due to attrition, but definitely not all of it...We'll see...

240 more, thats like 1/3 more peeps. who was the guy that gave the line check? just initials please

Relax and be yourself.

mu2 said:
I got Oct. 6th.

I interview this month. We took off our suit when we sat down. Shiela said we don't need to impress her, just the Director of Ops. BUT MAKE SURE YOUR PAPER WORK IS IN ORDER. HAVE COPIES OF YOUR LAST 2 PAGES OF YOUR LOG BOOK. AND HAVE YOUR ATP WRITTEN COMPLETED.

PS. When you Stand have your botton on and when you sit you have it (botton) off. That's the perfessional way of doing things.

mu - biggest advise... relax... you sounds too paranoid. this is probably the most laid back interview you will have... i interviewed back on june 16 and it was nothing. just take the 50 question written (www.willflyforfood.cc has all the questions and answers). then they take you in a room with john for a 2 on 1 interview (sheila was in there with me) and they don't ask any tech questions... just like how you got to where you are (time wise, etc). don't sweat a thing... as far as the suit goes, sheila will tell you that when you get there. first thing she will say is "okay, take your coats off you don't have to impress me." anyway, that's about it. good luck, let us know how it goes.

-nick

First relax.
Second, If you are worried about what button to button right now, you have problems. How about you worry about passing the written and getting some interview practice. Keep in mind this is Salisbury, MD. Only 1% of the population there even own a suit. This is an inter view for a postion in the right seat of a dash8. If you display a heartbeat and can speak English, the job is yours. If this was a high demand job, they would be hiring pilots with 3000 hours, not 620.
Good luck.
PS relax or you will not get the job.

all my multi is in a seminole.

do you have to have your ATP written done before the interview or is it just recommended.

hey you guys know what the best way to get a hold of sheila is? I sent an email got no response.

This goes for any interview, anywhere, not just Piedmont:

Do relax, but keep in mind at all times you are being watched. When you're left alone for a little while, and you think no one is listening and you can unwind, or perhaps you all go out to lunch together to come back for an afternoon session, the van driver (or whoever you think isn't involved) may be listening to every word. Resist the urge to join in with the others who are pissing and moaning about the ride down, or whatever they find unsuitable. Be positive and relaxed about it all at all times. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back