Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mu2

Real Men Fly Props
I just got an email from Sheila Parker for an interview! She said pick Oct. 6,13,or 20. What should I pick? Any advantage with one from anouther?

Anyone else get a call? What date did you pick?

Black suit red tie right? What color shirt or none at all?

How do I refer to the Chief Pilot? "Chief", "Captain"

Any other info would be great.

Congratulations on the interview! I interviewed back in June and I'm still swimming in the pool. As far as which date to pick, go with the soonest that's convenient for you. Hopefully the rumors about PDT spooling hiring back up will prove true and we'll all get class dates soon.

Don't sweat the interview too much. Everyone there is really friendly. Read over the gouge at www.willflyforfood.cc The written test that they give you is on there pretty much word for word. You'll get a presentation on the company history, compensation, and benefits and then you'll take the written test. If you pass the written test then you get to do a two on one interview with Sheila and Capt. John Buchannan, the Chief Pilot. The interview is really just to put a face with a name. They ask you general questions like what are you currently doing and stuff like that. Nothing too tough or stressful.

Wear a nice conservative suit and tie not only to the interview but on the plane ride out there as well. As long as you're not rude, late, or otherwise offensive you should do just fine. Good luck to you and hopefully we'll both have airline jobs soon!

crashmbern said:
i got the 6th for an interview
Congrats, but do really only have 300 hrs:eek: , or just forgot to update??? Good luck either way!!!

As to the date....pick the soonest if it works out best for you...I know they have a pretty good sized pool right now, BUT they are running a class in October with up to 18 plus they are interviewing all month (a buddy of mine has an interview the last thursday of Sept.) plus they just posted on UNDs website that they are lookin for a minimum of 25 people to hire and the deadline for submiting a resume is the end of the month. what does this all mean? who knows but they sure seem to be in a hurry to hire. As to what to call the CP and Sheila Parker. I called the CP Mr. Buchanan and the HR person at the time Mr. and it worked for me....good luck!

Just heard from a close friend who had a line check recently that they just got the order by this time next year to have an additional 240 pilots on the property. Some of this will be due to attrition, but definitely not all of it...We'll see...

At most Regionals and spreading up the food chain these days the appropriate response to your question. "How do I refer to the Chief Pilot? "Chief", "Captain" ? Would be Sh#tbag, Scum or A##hole. Realize that you are talking to a## who will call you on the carpet (on your few days off) for removing yourself from duty so you can be at your wife's side when your son or daughter is born. He's not your friend, these days. It wasn't always like this. The position changed along with the profession when idiots started paying 100k for a Commercial ticket and PFT. They figure they are dealing with marginally intelligent individuals and if you don't like it they will find another moron. Here's a tip. Wear some kneepads to the interview. Then you can compare yours with the the well worn Mr. Chief Pilots. I'm sure you will get the job if you display a well worn pair.

Latest resources

Back