Piedmont Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure.

I think it has something to do with turning on the STORM/DOME lights in night IMC when you're maneuvering around thunderstorms.

I guess it makes you less inclined to do it again, since they were brave/stupid enough to do it before?

Or maybe another "there I was, flying the BE200 into ORD" stories the CA love to hear?

We never run short of those, but new sources of the same story keeps it spicy.

I personally adore the "well, I was on the flying team...."

They RULE! So awesome. I know they can handle the radios, mostly. Well, not mostly. But they try so hard.

******For clarification- the recent grads from the "big" aviation universities have lost the knowledge of the most important part of doing this for a living- just because you learned it on the ground, doesn't mean you know it for life OR it applies in the air, ever. That's all. Older grads? Teach me a lot, and I appreciate it.

Guess I've had a phenomenally awesome month NOT flying with "How do we do the approach?" folks.

Back to your regularly scheduled whatnots. I'm personally hoping we are a roughly soft landing for all the folks that have been furloughed and are willing to work (slave) here, and I promise- you show up with 121 background? You'll have a blast.

********** Ahhh, hell. I see Lowly posted somewhere between my posts.

He freakin' rules. AND showed me the Tao of PBR. I'm older than him... barely... AND a grad of several universities. See kids? Come fly old planes, learn the old ways.

Thanks for the shout out, Sig. I shall hold a class espousing the virtues of the venerable Pabst for the new hires!

...Now, if I could just figure out how to land the dash...

The kids from the big university programs bring a lot of cool book knowledge that will serve them well eventually, so long as they have the wits to retain it. What they are really missing is a respect for their craft- knowing basic stick and rudder skills (you need those in a big tprop), work ethic (you ought to be studying even when it isn't time for CQ) and how to advocate a position without being a d*ck.

Most of them learn quick. It is the few who don't that make life hard for guys like me.

Oh. And please don't make me wake you up for the van EVERY day, kids. That gets old.

So what do you end up with after completing Piedmont Dash-8 training? Is it similar to the CRJ training where you end up with an SIC type? I am debating getting my ATP. Just curious since I have about a year left at Comair after the recent news and will need another job.

I would love to fly out of New York again. Flying in Detroit is like watching paint dry......Boring!!!!!!!! I miss JFK and LGA!!!!!!

Flying the Dash will make a man out of the weenie flying an RJ.

Former T-prop driver,

Funny, almost everyone I have ever ran into. They can have 4 different Type rating. Jets, big or small. Each one will say the Dash 8 was there favorite plane to fly.

Thanks for the shout out, Sig. I shall hold a class espousing the virtues of the venerable Pabst for the new hires!

...Now, if I could just figure out how to land the dash...

The kids from the big university programs bring a lot of cool book knowledge that will serve them well eventually, so long as they have the wits to retain it. What they are really missing is a respect for their craft- knowing basic stick and rudder skills (you need those in a big tprop), work ethic (you ought to be studying even when it isn't time for CQ) and how to advocate a position without being a d*ck.

Most of them learn quick. It is the few who don't that make life hard for guys like me.

Oh. And please don't make me wake you up for the van EVERY day, kids. That gets old.

We used to laugh at the UND guys for there favorite quote.... While always discussing aviation they always said....... "Well Actually" ... when that was said, get ready for a bunch of needless aviation info to follow...

Always was a good laugh hearing that..... Basically once they got in the plane they were full of useless, nice to know but doesn't help info!!
Then you had to watch then in fear while navigating through and around thunderboomers.

We used to laugh at the UND guys for there favorite quote.... While always discussing aviation they always said....... "Well Actually" ... when that was said, get ready for a bunch of needless aviation info to follow...

Always was a good laugh hearing that..... Basically once they got in the plane they were full of useless, nice to know but doesn't help info!!
Then you had to watch then in fear while navigating through and around thunderboomers.

good thing we got some real pros from unc wilmington to straighten them out.

Latest resources

Back