• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Hiring Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mnalpha, we are in fact pulling out of ORF...AWAC is going to take over the empty hangar and open up a mx facility in ORF. They are however planning to keep about 10 lines in PHF and about people on rsv. For anyone who is thinking of moving to PHF, it is a very boring town. Trust me you'd rather live in the VBeach or Norfolk area, but the :45- 1:30 drive pending traffic sucks! They have downsized CLT, which is Senior, so good luck getting in there as a new hire! Nobody at PDT knows anything more than the next guy right now. The rumors have been flying around this place lately about the 400's, hiring 200 something pilots, base closeures, planes coming out of the desert, merger plans, etc., etc. Truth of the matter is don't believe ANYTHING until it is writing. I know that we don't have a lot to look forward to here, but torturing yourself by thinking we are getting 400's and upgrading in a couple years is only going make things worse for you! That rumor has been going around for years!

well its not better anywhere else, except those cool lcd screens and APUs that work in the summer/winter

what are off-the-street mins. that folks are getting hired with at PDT (not from an aviation univ.)

TT/ME??

how long will they be hiring for and do you need a full time flying job as I can only do it part time now.

Most of the people that I interviewed with went to some university, but none went to UND or Purdue which are the two schools that have a bridge program with Piedmont. My best guess is that you need around 600TT(as that was the lowest TT in my class) and 80 multi.(again the lowest in my class) You shouldn't need a full-time flying job, but they are really big on instrument currency so just make sure you have been flying recently and get current before you show up. As far as how long are they hiring for, I was just told about an hour ago from a Piedmont FO that they will be hiring 20 new FO's a month indefinetly, but who knows if that is true or not (I think he was told by a senior Capt.).

I just got the letter in the mail and I'm going for a swim!!!

mu2 said:
I just got the letter in the mail and I'm going for a swim!!!
So what did you end up calling the chief pilot???

I don't think I called him anything. You guys where right, I was just myself. I did keep playing with button. I just had and eye on the others and when they used the button I did too.
A lot of people say the UND guys have a chip on there sholder. I had two interviewing with me and they where super nice.
Thanks for all the help.

Well congrats. on getting to the next step, I know everyone that got the letter going into the pool were just as excited as I was when I got mine. Hopefully we'll all get into a class sometime in the near future.:D

Latest resources

Back