Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont has declared war on its pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bunch of bi$^#es

The latest and greatest from a sked supe to a newhire class:

"My name is (of little or no value), and I'm a real 'B.' I am not afraid of your union, and I'll do what I want."

Wow...i remember she said the EXACT same thing to us in our class....first thing in the morning: "I'm (insert her name here) from crew scheduling, and just to let you all know, i can be a real b*tch."

Then she blabbed as our pizza sat in the back..nobody listened to her as our pizza's smell overcame whatever was coming out her mouth.

Let's ask Wsurf what he thinks of PDT? He loves New Bern, and actually has a house with a dock on the water, to help catch crawdads he can eat. He never wants to leave.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SIG, This has always been my understanding:

A sched supe CANNOT order you to do anything whatsoever. They are not in your chain of command, they just are drones. If you believe you are in the right, you must be allowed to speak with a pilot supervisor who can then order you to fly the said trip. At that point you tell them you are working under protest, and the grievance process begins.

Personally, I waste no time on schedulers. I jump right to the pilot supervisor part ('Yes "C", I know it is 2330, get the Chief on the phone anyhow'). That has averted a few assignments of dubious legality for me.

If a pilot supervisor in unavailable, than so am I!

exactly - don't argue with anyone in sked (top sked guy or bottom sked guy) just ask to speak with a pilot supervisor. pilot supervisor is the DO or CP. I've had to do this twice in the past 10 days and it is much better than haggeling over the phone with a sked. person.

You all get it- but the system is broken. It's the supervisory level that has said one too many times, "F the contract, I'll do what I want." All well and good, until we're looking at 3 FOs staring a violation in the face for busting 16 hours... and that data is in front of their faces as soon as you approach 15.

The directive to get the flying done has gone too far.

You're exactly right- they can't tell us to do squat- but then again, we're on the hook way too often.

Gannon used to have the same intro. Unfortunately the union's teeth aren't sharp enough to do anything about it.

Look on the bright side. All the BS you have to put up at with PDT will give you PLENTY of "Tell me about a time..." stories.

Last edited:
A simple call to your POI or your local FISDO should solve some of those problems. It should start something like," In the interest of safety, I'd like to make you aware of......"

Exactly invite the POI to sit in a class from start to finish....unannouced.

If you're chief pilot won't do anything(he should), go to the union. If the union won't do anything, the feds need to know about this kind of unacceptable behavior. I've seen two schedulers fired because of this kind of attitude, one I personally helped with.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back