Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont has declared war on its pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The most fun you'll ever have at PDT is flying your last trip.

I hope to God ya'll can get rid of that anal orifice who runs scheduling. I don't know how long she's use that intro to new hires, but it's at least been as long as I've been there.

As far as the union is concerned, it's a disaster right now. You've got four open positions on the MEC. Put some guys in there who will do something.

General, it's nice to see a Deltoid envious of a regional pilot. Keep it coming! Jackass......

The most fun you'll ever have at PDT is flying your last trip....

Quoted for scripture.

I still remember the time and place I got the call for my class date at a major. Doing the overnight at Fayettville, NC. Just got back from the Cracker Barrel, and thought I'd check my messages one last time.

WHOO HOO!

After the call to accept the class date, My fingers couldn't dial PDT fast enough. They made me talk to not only the Chief Pilot, but the DO as well (attrition was horrendous at the time, and they weren't use it it after years of no one leaving).

When I was done with the trip, I was starting my two weeks vacation. Even though the class was a month away, I'd had enough, and decided to give them two weeks right there, and take a month off. At that time, when people put in two weeks notice before vacation, they'd cancel your travel benefits, so I offered to sit a single day of reserve on my last day of vacation.

Last trip for PDT was two legs CHO-PIT-CHO with a great CA (bought me lunch in PIT). Got off the plane, threw my books into a box, got a signed receipt from the station manager and comat-ed them to SBY. Stopped on the way home at the post office and mailed them my ID and travel card certified mail/return receipt requested.

Spent the next two weeks sleeping in, and hitting Bodo's for lunch. Those were great days!

Nu

They rewarded me for my two week notice by canceling my direct deposit while I was still on the property, and still had one trip to go. I was flying the last 3 days with $2 in my account.... Had a bit of fun money in my pocket though courtesy of my wife.

Grievance filed... I ain't going away quietly! I poured way too much emotion into that place with union work to just walk away. Hopefully I can do something to make it better for the next guy who resigns. Seems like just about everything else I worked on got shot down the toilet within the last 9 months except the jumpseat stuff.

Everything's fine at PSA... was hired back in June and just finished 2 months of build up lines for the holidays. Back on reserve for Jan. though... :(

WTF ?

OPEC, congrats. Submitting my notice was more liberating than my last day of work I think. My last leg was a DH on PSA into EWN that was late...What a way to go eh?
Where were you based?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back