• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Grounding Airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting...I remember PDT as the FAA Maintenance Gold Something-or-other Award winner in years past. I hear now you guys can't ferry without written permission from the FSDO. Is that true? If so, what has happened?

T8

Not quite true.

The recent change to the ferry authorization is that now a printed (fax) copy of the ferry permit must be issued & carried on board. Previously for most ferry flights that didn't require maintenance action, all that was required was a logbook entry made by the captain.

BTW, RM is one of the best instructors anywhere.

According to the last "ask PDT", they ain't. False rumor and we all bit the bait hard core.

One more FO finished up in SYR today, and another got his ATC date for July so he'll bite the dust soon. Congrats to those two.

If there are any new hires on this board coming to SYR, when will ya'll be on the line?
And we are going to lose 3 Captains in the beginning of July as well. Cho, Lga, Roa. Just for your information.

Last edited:
Really?

In Stankbury, we lose 1 to retirement, 1 to the AF, 1 to SWA (possibly one more to SWA if he gets his dang type), lost one to Spirit, and three(?) more following that one to Spirit for a grand total OF:

I lost count.

OHH! Rumor has it that a bonehead used his vacation time to show up to class AGAIN! Whoops- that be illegal! I understand a youngun' or two also nonrevved to class, then quit. Bridge Burning 306 must be popular in them faintzy aviation skoolz.

Last edited:
OHH! Rumor has it that a bonehead used his vacation time to show up to class AGAIN! Whoops- that be illegal! I understand a youngun' or two also nonrevved to class, then quit. Bridge Burning 306 must be popular in them faintzy aviation skoolz.

Why is that illegal?

Well, this is kinda exciting. Finally CAs are leaving too. Maybe we will have some upgrades before the end of the year. Twig, I won't be the only FO in SYR, but it may be FT and myself. He won't quit to go somewhere else.

Why is that illegal?

Why would you ask? It's still freaking STUPID. It rang a bell with my last employer when a guy got pulled out of my newhire class for just that reason- and never came back. The HR Veep waltzed in afterward and started talking about legal issues... I woke up a few minutes later to all three CPs telling the rest of us to never, ever do that no matter where we go. Lesson learned.

If it happened, that moron just lost both jobs and will have a hard time finding another. The last genius that did it got pulled from class at AirTran and was fired, then was called by PDT informing him of his termination. SOL, to be sure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back